SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "History Shows Again and Again...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"History Shows Again and Again... Login/Join 
posted
...How Nature Points Out The Folly of Men"

As I have watched the ongoing effects of Hurricane Harvey on the costal areas of Texas and Louisiana, I have thought often of this line from Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla". No matter what technology man may invent, we pale in comparison to the power of Nature. We insist on testing this power when we build huge cites near disaster prone areas like Houston or New Orleans in the Gulf states or LA and San Francisco near fault lines.

However, the incredible power of nature is no match for the depths of compassion in the human heart as we have seen unfolding in the disaster stricken areas. It has rekindled my faith in America after all we have seen over the last few months as the AntiFAs and their kind have tried to tear this country apart.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been in a hurricane and its power amazed me. I often go down to Lake Superior when it storms to experience the power of the lake. And I was on the shore during a Seiche. It was amazing to see the lake rise and fall like water in a bathtub!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post