SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Namath was in the Boomer essison tv show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Namath was in the Boomer essison tv show Login/Join 
posted
He says that after 120 sessions in a Hyperbaric chamber , his C.T.E. is almost all gone.

https://www.amenclinics.com/bl...d-his-damaged-brain/

he was adamant that his clarity was proof

, Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) is a degenerative brain disease found in athletes, military veterans, and others with a history of repetitive brain trauma.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me as skeptical on this one. CTE is a chronic problem for which there is no known cure. Typically it is only diagnosed at autopsy, although clinical signs may be present.

Broadway Joe did manage to finally obtain his bachelors degree from Alabama a few years back.

When there is a breakthrough on treatment for CTE the researchers will be the first to know and it will not be on the basis on anecdotal case histories.

Joe already sold himself out to MA programs. I do not trust celebrity endorsements.

He should go back to hawking pantyhose like he did in the 70s.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I have no idea, but if he thinks he is better I am am all for it. Good for him.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was not aware you could reverse brain damage? Did the chamber help him regrow brain matter?

Maybe he just quit drinking and things got clearer for him?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
He got smart and ditched the panty hose that had been strangling him so badly. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The commercial I'm am so sick of seeing every 5 minutes is that damn Joe Namath medicare commercial. I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
He got smart and ditched the panty hose that had been strangling him so badly. Smile

He's now pitching Medicare Advantage insurance.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I don’t like the commercial, but it serves its purpose. There are many people who don’t qualify for a Medicare supplement, but are well served by a MA plan. There’s two sides to every story.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Maybe he just quit drinking and things got clearer for him?

Well, there might be something to this...

And for the Medicare commercial, I made the same comment to my wife this morning that it was funny that he was now plugging Medicare insurance, while 50 years ago he was selling pantyhose...

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Me too! +1
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
The commercial I'm am so sick of seeing every 5 minutes is that damn Joe Namath medicare commercial. I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since you asked:

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Joe Namath isn't the only one...from what I understand former NFL Quaterback Brett Favre also suffered symptoms of TBI from the several concussions he suffered during his long career, and also reports some improvement from the treatment.

I haven't researched Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) enough to form an opinion one way or the other as to whether it is a useful tool for treating TBIs, but it is gaining increasing acceptance by regenerative medical clinics, sports medicine clinics, and by both current and former professional athletes. It has been reported to improve more complete healing from serious sports injuries, and in healing in shorter times, allowing athletes to either return to their work-outs or allow them to get back on the field quicker. Also, it has been reported to allow more clear-headed thinking, improve memory, allow for a more relaxed mental state and improved mindset and overall attitude, relieving tension, and allowing those who use the chambers to sleep better...not to mention treating PTSD.

My limited research has shown that there are some serious possible side effects from HBOT treatment when used by some with certain medical conditions or when not used properly, however there are many who use the chambers who are experiencing benefits...and not just professional athletes.

In fact, HBOT has become so widely accepted that the industry has grown to the point where personal home chambers are now being offered and while still expensive the prices have come down significantly.

One of the radio stations I listen to has two show co-hosts, one was a former NFL player and the other is athletic, and they both have purchased HBOT chambers in the last couple years for their own home use, daily, and both report noticing the benefits.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Some of the MotoGP riders have used it to come back from serious injury. My hero, Valentino Rossi, used one back in 2010. He broke the tib and fib, nasty break. He was back on the bike racing 6 weeks later.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hyperbaric chambers are useful in wound healing particularly for diabetic patients, and in treating decompression sickness. Using it to treat CTE or TBI is at best experimental. PTSD is squarely in the same camp. Retired professional athletes can afford to pay for this sort of thing. I do not see insurance companies shelling out payments for Hyperbaric treatment for TBI. Perhaps with time that will change.

Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
He said all of this on the Howard Stern show this summer. You can find clips of him talking about it there on youtube, etc. Pretty interesting.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how much do you they charge ? per session ?
$1,200.00 - $1,600.00

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post