SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    People dumping puppies...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People dumping puppies... Login/Join 
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Chris. You are a great person. I can testify to that! If I were closer, I would take one in. Some people are total assholes. How could one "dump" puppies? Mad

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Hey Bean!

I’m getting some good pics of the pups. I’ll try to get some up.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for stopping and caring.

Our dog Harper is a rescue. When she was a month old she and was dumped in a field along with her litter mates in North Carolina. They were rescued and made their way to Maryland where my wife saw a picture on Facebook and the rest is history.

Posts: 521 | Location: maryland | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Good job! Glad you were there for them.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Now the little guys have a chance.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're a good dude. They look like a handful and a ton of fun. Thanks for being their second chance.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
Whoever did that should be beaten to death with a sack full of door knobs.

Well, either that or boiled in oil, tarred and feathered, then hung by the neck until dead, or drawn and quartered.

It really isn’t that hard to do the right thing by these poor defenseless creatures. Most county animal shelters have drop off cages where you can put them in but no one can get them out and in the morning they’ll put them in the system and take care of them. It doesn’t even require the balls to show your face and talk to someone when you drop them off. And yet there are still gutless sack of fecal material morons dropping dogs... Doesn’t help one’s faith in their fellow man.

To the O.P.: Nframe, you sir, on the other hand, are a good man for doing right by those pups. I hope at least one one of them worms his or her way into your life and brings you many years of love and joy.

Thanks for being a great human!

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I had dogs as a kid. The first dog that I had as an adult was a young beagle mix that had apparently been dropped off by the roadside in a rural area of New Jersey. She was a new mother. We searched the area but could not find any puppies, nor did any of the neighbors know anything about her.

From her actions the first time we saw her it was pretty clear that she had been mistreated and abused. She would not approach us and she cowered and retreated when we tried to get near her. It was a hot day. She watched while I got a bowl of fresh water. I put it down for her and then I retreated and sat under a tree. She drank the water, then slowly she came to me. I asked here what her name was, she replied, and she was known as "Woof" for the rest of her life.

There must have been a problem with giving birth, as she continued to bleed quite a bit. We took her to a vet who said that she needed a hysterectomy. We left her there and when we went back to pick her up a couple days later, she squirmed loose from the vet's tech and came racing across the floor to greet us. She had only known us for two days between showing up and being left at the vet, but that was apparently long enough for her to decide that we were not going to hurt her, as her former people must have done.

Woof was with us for a long time. She loved to fly with me, she liked my motorcycle -- she always wanted a short ride around the block before I left. She was with us for the three years that I worked in Puerto Rico, learned to bark in Spanish. She went with my (first) wife after the divorce, although I dog-sat when my ex had to travel for work. She died peacefully in her sleep seventeen years after adopting us. Once she learned that she could trust us, she never met a human that she did not like. She was a good girl and great companion.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Puppy dumpers (cats, too) should simply be shot.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Well done sir. They deserve a chance at a good life. Looks like they may have found it! Smile

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Chris, can we help with supplies? Just give me a shout.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Good for you! Can't understand how people can do that.

When my wife and I got our first pup we went to the local Buddy Dog shelter. Found a litter that was left in a box on the side of the road New Years day in the freezing cold and the mother was dumped a few miles away. The shelter ended up with all of them. We, of course, chose the runt of the litter and to this day he was the best dog we have had.

Hoping there is a nice warm place for those people in the afterlife!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post