Tools

Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course, what else do you expect from Denver? If Denver had its way, which they did, they would ban ALL concealed weapon permits for their residents (like they used to do) and ban all legal gun holders from carrying within the city limits.

Denver has since the early to mid 20th century, been anti Second Amendment and if it wasn't for the State to over-rule them on the CCW permits, I and many other Denver residents would still be prohibited from carrying legally.

It's come to the point in my life, having lived here since 1974 and since 1991, in the same really nice house on a quarter acre with huge trees and wildlife in a quiet neighborhood, while still being in the city, twenty minutes from downtown... the time will come that I will sell my house and move away from this Democratically Dominated anti Second Amendment, pro Sanctuary City, uber politically correct, traffic laden, congested city that is an extension of Los Angeles and San Francisco California politics and social behavior.

Like I said, if Denver had its way... there would be no guns in the city other than the ones that the criminals have! Bump stocks? That's simply regular business for Denver!

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Is it the thin air?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Is it the thin air?

flashguy

We used to refer to marijuana as "Dope", and for good reasons. I don't think it's just the thin air.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
So what happens if someone in an adjacent city/county unknowingly finds himself inadvertently a few feet over the line into Denver with a contraband bump-stock or >15-round magazine? Does the state have a pre-emption law?

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Denver City Council on Monday passed a measure that will make it illegal to sell, carry, store or possess bump stocks, a device that was used last fall by a gunman to increase his rifle power as he shot and killed 58 people at a country music festival in Las Vegas.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Denver City Council on Monday passed a measure that will make it illegal to sell, carry, store or possess bump stocks, a device that was used last fall by a gunman to increase his rifle power as he shot and killed 58 people at a country music festival in Las Vegas.

Roll Eyes

I'd be willing to bet the bump stock saved lives over a full auto. Very hard to aim while using one of those.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
So what happens if someone in an adjacent city/county unknowingly finds himself inadvertently a few feet over the line into Denver with a contraband bump-stock or >15-round magazine? Does the state have a pre-emption law?

There is a provision for non-residents of Denver that possession “while traveling” is an affirmative defense and perfectly legal. Suck it Denver.

I’ve been thinking of downsizing and have found a few ideal homes but unfortunately they’re in Denver city limits so not happening. I moved out of the city 31 years ago and not going to live there ever again.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post