SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I think I’m going to run for governor in Kansas....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I think I’m going to run for governor in Kansas.... Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted
Since the fact that I’ve never lived a day in Kansas doesn’t seem to matter, nor that I would want to manage the state from Virginia, I’d say my chances are about the same as the teen candidates that are also running.....

This is one of the more bizarre things I’ve seen recently

https://www.npr.org/sections/t...enter-governors-race

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Nice picture....Ummmm, is the plural of "Doofus" Doofuses?

Eek Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I'd run, too, but I don't have a blue blazer.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
I'd run. But I don't have a read sweater or people skills.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
Nice picture....Ummmm, is the plural of "Doofus" Doofuses?

Eek Big Grin
I vote for "Doofi".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree, Doofi should be the plural. On occasion, my conjugation skills are lacking. Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I agree, Doofi should be the plural. On occasion, my conjugation skills are lacking. Big Grin
Doofim.

And I have been told that my conjugal skills are excellent.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
These boys are ridiculing stupid government in the most public way possible, and they're the dumb ones?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Doofim.

And I have been told that my conjugal skills are excellent.

All this time, I thought Doofim was what you called Doofus droppings.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
These boys are ridiculing stupid government in the most public way possible, and they're the dumb ones?

I think it's fucking awesome! The state legislature is now pushing a bill to require candidates to be 18 years old and this was the reaction of one of the kids, "I don't think it's a good thing," Bergeson, now 17, told the Star. "I'm not a fan of it. I think it's a reactionary bill. I think it's trying to disenfranchise candidates." Where it the LMFAO emoji .....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've ridden a motorcycle across Kansas several time. Can I enter the Governor race?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Actually. Ditto on the awesome.

Teenagers with recent "student government" experience would be a vast improvement over, let's say, the career grifters in SC legislature and poseur idiots like former love Gov. Mark Sanford.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I think I’m going to run for governor in Kansas....

Well, it's flat. How hard can it be to govern?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

Can corn stalks be registered to vote?

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
These kids can't do worse than what we have now in government, and if they can poke the current swamp in the eye then go for it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
To Vtail re: “conjugal”... BOOOO!

Posts: 1987 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I've ridden a motorcycle across Kansas several time. Can I enter the Governor race?

Well hell! We have driven across that state several times. Maybe I can be gubbornor and Mrs. Elk can be comptroller general. She is good with money.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

Can corn stalks be registered to vote?

Those corn stalks are smarter than some people I know!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised Clay Chastain hasn't filed his paperwork. For about 20 years he's tried screwing around in our politics while living in Virginia, but then again, I guess his monorail idea is only good enough for Kansas City, MISSOURI. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post