SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Ailing Barbara Bush Will End Medical Treatment ***UPDATE: Barbara Bush has passed***
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ailing Barbara Bush Will End Medical Treatment ***UPDATE: Barbara Bush has passed*** Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
The lady was always elegant & classy. RIP Barbara. I don't think it'll be long before George H.W. joins you again.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Both her and Laura were and are the class of those families. May she Rip.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
She gave meaning to the word matriarch.

I like that. It's true.... and yet she sometimes showed us her 'tough love' side. She was widely known not just for her down-to earth wit but also her remarkable dedication to family — her five children nicknamed her “The Enforcer“.

Barbara Bush on Jeb WH run: 'We've had enough Bushes'
Jeb should have listened to his mother's advice.

Barbara Bush, whose husband was President at the time, spoke at my and my brothers graduation from SLU in May, 1990. We all liked her, somewhat in contrast to the feminists at Wellesley later that same spring. Bush told the graduating class:

“At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.”

She was the kind of wholesome and tough woman everyone wants for a mother or grandmother.

RIP Mrs. Bush.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

The whole family is that way, very classy people, light years more so than a couple of other politically prominent families I need not name.

She bore up under the despair of losing a young child, soldiered on, made the best of it, and endured the despicable vicious criticism of her husband, then her sons.

It’s too bad, but that’s all one can expect or hope for, a long life well lived, children mature, responsible, successful, credits to their species.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God bless the Enforcer. Didn't always agree with her politics but agreed with her.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Shortly before she passed away, First Lady Barbara Bush told her doctor a hilarious joke about her son, President George W. Bush.

George W. Bush and his wife Laura relayed the joke during a Wednesday morning interview on Fox Business Network.

Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo asked the Bush family if they were able to say goodbye to Mrs. Bush before she passed away, and George W. said they went to visit her a little over a week ago.

“We had a wonderful visit,” the former president said. “She was strong, lucid, funny — she and I were needling each other when the doctor came in.”

“She turned to the doctor and said, ‘You wanna know why Bush W. is the way he is?’ and the doctor looked somewhat surprised,” he continued. “She said, ‘because I drank and smoked while I was pregnant with him.'”

The Bush family, Bartiromo, and the Fox Business producers all got a good laugh out of Mrs. Bush’s joke.

“She’s funny and we had a beautiful visit with her,” George W. said.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04...ra-bush-george-joke/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The more I learn about her, the greater the shame it is to have to lose souls like her and Gunny Ermy. Feels like a lonlier world without them.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She and the President were/are class acts.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

The entire family was nothing but class.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Looks like the dumbass prof at Fresno State has managed to bring some heat down on the university with her idiotic postings. Donors are closing their purses. I hope she goes the way of Glick (U of M) and the dodo (nothing against dodos).

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...keep-its-donors.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope she goes the way of Glick (U of M)

You mean Melissa Click at Mizzou?
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Eee-gads, that image is frightening, but yes she's the one. Eek

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Rest easy, Tranquility.

Secret Service agents refuse to leave Barbara Bush's coffin

https://dailym.ai/2K2PuEw

The Secret Service agents who protected Barbara Bush for two decades after she left the White House have been standing guard over her coffin, refusing to the leave the side of the woman they say treated them like family.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Fantastic funeral service in Houston today. I wasn't going to watch it, but I am happy that I did.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Fantastic funeral service in Houston today. I wasn't going to watch it, but I am happy that I did.

Yes, indeed. It was an amazing display of practically all truly American virtues.

As Jon Meachem said, “the First Lady of the Greatest Generation.”

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I heard on Fox News coverage of the service that the family liked this cartoon so much that the artist gave his original drawing to them.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
That teared me up JALLEN

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post