SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Ailing Barbara Bush Will End Medical Treatment ***UPDATE: Barbara Bush has passed***
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ailing Barbara Bush Will End Medical Treatment ***UPDATE: Barbara Bush has passed*** Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Bush is quite a person. She is easy to admire. I wish her the best.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers for Mrs. Bush and the family for peace and comfort.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I hope that she dies peacefully and pain free.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
she has had a great life so far and to be able to dictate your own terms for end of life is a great thing.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I pray she finds the comfort she is seeking in her last days. She's the kind of person I would have liked to have had as a Grandma...such sage advice to give about life, I'm sure. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Fox News is reporting Barbara has passed.

Rest In Peace Barbara.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace. She and George loved each other very much, I would not be surprised to see him pass sooner than later.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
RIP Barbara.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
RIP Barbara, you were a very classy lady and will be missed.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Fox News is reporting Barbara has passed.

Rest In Peace Barbara.
Just saw that. She was a very classy lady and a wonderful example for us all. RIP, indeed!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. She endured more than her fair share of barbs and insults while being First Lady. Rest in Peace Mrs.Bush.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
RIP Mrs. Bush.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
She was a graceful First Lady who endured many more years in the spotlight than any of us would want to. May she rest in peace.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
That's too bad. She endured more than her fair share of barbs and insults while being First Lady. Rest in Peace Mrs.Bush.

I don't recall that at all. She seemed to be respected by both political sides of the aisle. That to me is one of her great legacies.

RIP Mrs. Bush. You will be remembered.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
RIP Mrs Bush

she always struck me as the type of lady that you would want as your grandmother

sad news

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
RIP Barbara

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Such a great woman and I hate to see her pass. My condolences to the Bush family.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
RIP Mrs Bush

she always struck me as the type of lady that you would want as your grandmother

sad news

I remember the story of her breaking her leg......sled riding with her grand kids, at 65!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/199...sledding-mishap.html

Made me smile....she had moxy

Rest in piece Barb

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DEATH OF BARBARA BUSH
- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

On this solemn day, we mourn the loss of Barbara Bush, an outstanding and memorable woman of character. As a wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, military spouse, and former First Lady, Mrs. Bush was an advocate of the American family. Mrs. Bush lived a life that reminds us always to cherish our relationships with friends, family, and all acquaintances. In the spirit of the memory of Mrs. Bush, may we always remember to be kind to one another and to put the care of others first.

As a mark of respect for the memory of Barbara Bush, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, on the day of interment. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same period at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this seventeenth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand eighteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-second.

DONALD J. TRUMP

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She gave meaning to the word matriarch. RIP Mrs. Bush.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post