SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Ailing Barbara Bush Will End Medical Treatment ***UPDATE: Barbara Bush has passed***
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ailing Barbara Bush Will End Medical Treatment ***UPDATE: Barbara Bush has passed*** Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
Ailing Barbara Bush Will End Medical Treatment For Her Life-Threatening Illness

The former First Lady says she will seek palliative care.

Beloved former First Lady Barbara Bush announced Sunday that she will not continue to seek medical treatment for a life-threatening illness that has lead to repeat hospitalizations. Instead, she will seek palliative care and spend her final days with her family.

The sad news came Sunday afternoon, in a statement from Bush family spokesperson Jim McGrath, posted to Twitter.

"It will not surprise those who know her that Barbara Bush has been a rock in the face of her failing health, worrying not for herself — thanks to her abiding faith — but for others," the statement read. "She is surrounded by a family she adores, and appreciates the many kind messages and especially the prayers she is receiving,"

Bush has reportedly struggled with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, or COPD, for some time, and is in congestive heart failure. She is currently being cared for at her home in Houston, according to CNN, rather than in a hospital.

The thoughts and prayers of the Daily Wire team are with the Bush family at this trying time.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...nt-her-emily-zanotti

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
She was always a classy lady. Prayers and best wishes to her and her family.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear, she is a wonderful person. I hope she hangs on for a while and stays comfortable, I would hate to see her suffer.
My thoughts and prayers are with the Bush family.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That truly is a shame. I was fortunate enough to have met both Bush's when he was running for President and talked to them for a little while. Very down to earth people and fun to be around.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
So very sad.

I wish the Bush family all the best, in this very difficult time.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
One of my colleagues was detailed bomb disposal at the Kennebunkport compound. He said that she was always classy and pleasant.

He told me that one particularly cold night, she and the president carried a plate of sandwiches down to the guard shack, and sat down with the team to have dinner and chat.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some family have a summer condo near kennebunkport and they would see them walking on the beach on occasion ( within last 10 years, while Obama was in office) The have multiple stories of meeting her and chatting small talk and such with my cousins young and teeenage kids. Seemed very genuine. Sad to hear this news.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had to put my father on palliative care for his final months. He was 94 at the time. At first it was a very sad time for me but I came to realize that in the game of life Dad won. He lived a great life with no serious illness. I hope that the Bush family can come to that same realization.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear that her condition has come to this. Despite disagreements with some matters of the Presidency, I have always considered Barbara Bush to be a very classy lady. I pray for her to have comfort.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Sorry to Frown hear this. I would imagine that when she passes that her husband will follow her shortly.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
So sad.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It is indeed sad news.

I heard on the news this evening that her and G.H.W Bush have been married for 73 years. That's incredible.

God bless.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Grace & dignity.....epitomized by Barbara Bush.
God bless.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Rest easy young lady. We got this.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
May the Lord comfort her and the family in this difficult time.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
She has always struck me as being the type of person you’d like to have as a neighbor. I think her and my mom would have got along well.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. Frown

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Sad news. Wishing the best to all of the Bush family, and peace and as little pain as possible to Mrs. Bush in her remaining days.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post