SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Those who are owned by a cat, come inside (toy question)
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Those who are owned by a cat, come inside (toy question) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Two words: Laser Pointer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have taken scrap pieces of upholstery leather and rolled it up and tied it with a shoe lace. The cat will bat it around the house for a while until she carries it back to the rug in front of the fireplace and chews on it. My wife plays catch and fetch with the cat using catnip stuffed toy mice.

--------------------------------------------
You can't have no idea how little I care.

Posts: 344 | Registered: December 24, 2006Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Another thing our cats love are Kitty Kickers. Essentially, it is a small pillow with catnip on one end. The cats grab and loot the catnip end and lick the other end with their back feet. They're only $4.00 each and we keep a steady supply on hand for our cats.

Kitty Kickers

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Watch out for rubber bands. Ingesting them is bad for them. Twist ties, too.

But my cats will play with them if they find them. I am constantly on the lookout.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
When I used to smoke, I would krinkle the empty packs and watch as the cat went bonkers with them.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

While briefly amusing, I'd rather see it play with something it can catch. It also requires a human to manipulate it and gives kitty nothing to play with when the human is unavailable.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed the laser pointer may not be ideal.
Other options:
My cat loves the rings off milk cartons.
Acorns. My cat loves to bat them around. Not fun to step on in the dark.
I can still get the small fur covered toy mice here. but they disappear under the furniture pretty quick.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
This is spendy, buy my kid's cat cannot get enough.
Sauder cat sphere.

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Our two 'NightFurys' REALLY like wine bottle corks and ping pong balls....And of course, the Red Light! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

^^^This can be fun if you can participate.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1235 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Report This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
sigmonkey made me laugh out loud. It was not the first time he has given me a good laugh.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Two other things that are their favorite.

Girlfriends hair ties and a shoe lace that has a couple knots and loops tied into it.

My cat loves the plane black hair ties that the ex had. I kept some and put one out every so often. Between these and one of my Son's black and gray stripped wool gloves he had when he was little, ( the gloves kinda look like a mouse - no wonder! ) my cat goes nuts with these.

I've thought about getting one of those circular covers with the mechanical arm that traverses around randomly underneath for my cat. I did get him a 6' carpeted tower with dangling rope that he loves.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! I greatly appreciate the input.

Sigmonkey planted a fiendish idea in my head. A local yard sale page I follow on facebook has someone trying to find a good home for a medium sized rat. Is it abusive to put the rat in a plastic hamster ball and let evil kitteh chase it?

I'm actually considering this rat. He is kinda cute and apparently does not mind being handled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
Our cats like the Kitty Kick Stix toys pretty well. You can make these type toys yourself a lot cheaper.

http://www.kittykickstix.com/?keyword=domain

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Report This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prairieviper:
Our cats like the Kitty Kick Stix toys pretty well. You can make these type toys yourself a lot cheaper.

http://www.kittykickstix.com/?keyword=domain

Thank you for this link, ordered a set for the Fuzz, he enjoys shredding catnip toys!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Report This Post