Find
Notify
Tools

Lard Login/Join 
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Fry your chicken in lard. Nothing is better.
Now THAT is something I've got to try.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
If you ever get down around the Jack Daniels Distillery, treat yourself to Miss Mary Bobo's. Everything that can use Lard, does.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alpine79830:
You guys realize this can kill you? The fed have spent millions of tax dollars to study trans fats and concluded you will die after consuming lard. If you are ingesting a diet of lard filled bacon, gluten filled wheat bread, and cholesterol laced chicken eggs I predict you will not live past the age of 126. Big Grin

Lard in the skillet fries up some mighty fine bacon, once the bacon is done it fries up tortillas nicely and after the hot lard can be used for cooking eggs.

What was the question?

Pure Lard contains NO Trans Fats! And in terms of its fatty acids, it's better than butter: Lard is 60 per cent Mono-Unsaturated Fat, which is associated with a decreased risk of heart disease! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
This thread just reminded me of the "lard" scene from Down Periscope. It's the first 45 seconds. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post