SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Megyn Kelly to leave Fox for NBC
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Megyn Kelly to leave Fox for NBC Login/Join 
Member!
posted
Pack your shit and get out already!

http://thehill.com/homenews/ne...-news-for-nbc-report

Megyn Kelly to leave Fox News for NBC: report
By Elliot Smilowitz - 01/03/17 12:34 PM EST

Anchor Megyn Kelly has decided to leave Fox News to take a position at NBC, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

Kelly will take a “triple role” at NBC, the report said — hosting a daytime news and discussion show, anchoring a Sunday night news show, and being a central part of the network’s special coverage of politics and other big events.

Kelly was the second-most-watched anchor on cable news, behind only Fox’s Bill O’Reilly.

Her contract with Fox expires over the summer.

The Times report cited “people briefed on the negotiations” between Kelly and NBC News chairman Andy Lack.

Kelly became a magnet for controversy in the presidential campaign after she had a confrontation with Donald Trump during the first GOP primary debate in August 2015.

Trump took exception to a question by Kelly about his past comments about women, criticizing her on stage and later saying in an interview that Kelly had “blood coming out of her wherever” during the debate.

Trump in January skipped a Fox News debate over his continued feud with the network and Kelly. But he sat down with Kelly for a one-on-one interview later in the campaign.

- Updated at 12:40 p.m.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
NBC, or even CNN seems a lot more fitting

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
What a shock! Roll Eyes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I won't miss her a bit. Her interviews are all about her and her opinions. Can't stand her.

Since I never watch NBC maybe I'll never have to see her again after she leaves.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Good, now give Dennis Miller his own 1 hour show Fox!!!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Bye, Bimbo.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
I suspect Fox is trying to invent an excuse to get rid of her. They've probably gotten millions of angry e-mails telling Fox to dump the anti-Trump hag.

Her contract probably has a stipulation that she can't abuse drugs or alcohol so that's probably why they're making an issue of this.

She is definitely NOT worth a contract that pays tens of millions. Maybe she can be a local weather girl somewhere.

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess that's the last I'll ever see of her.

Watch her now disappear into oblivion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Good riddance!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
Good. I don't watch NBC.
Buh Bye. See ya' Don't let the door hit you in the ....

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching her on FOX and definitely won't be tuning into NBC to catch anything new she does.

Hopefully NBC is pouring millions down the drain for her.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bye felicia

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I don't hold any animus toward her for her Trump issue, as (ducking) I still think it was a fair question.

I think, though, that she has gotten to a point where she is about to flame out. I applaud her for working hard and making it to the top. But, when you are so driven that there is no brake pedal, where do you go and what do you do once you've gotten there? Most people, with humility, are happy to have gotten there and settle in to do their thing. She, though, is still searching for that unattainable (to her) top.

I think that she is going to be very disappointed and will ultimately not find what she is looking for anywhere else. I also think that FNC won't lose viewership, nor will NBC gain them because of her.

She reached the pinnacle and wasn't happy with what she found when she got there. This is a woman destined to be unhappy. I pity her husband.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Whatever.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I think that she is going to be very disappointed and will ultimately not find what she is looking for anywhere else.

How could you know that? I don't watch FOX or NBC but it sounds to me like she was working for one company, her contract was up and now she's going to work for another company, presumably for more money. This happens all the time. I know it's not "all about money" but I'm sure whatever she is getting paid at her new job will provide some solace even if she hasn't reached whatever pinnacle she was aiming for, assuming that's even possible in TV news.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
She was swaying Left. I could be wrong, but I see this move as part of a long grind into obsolescence for her. Now she's free to be her progressive self

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Soon to be seen in "On The Case With Paula Zahn Megyn Kelly".

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post