SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever get the feeling that you are being watched?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever get the feeling that you are being watched? Login/Join 
posted
Have you ever gotten the feeling that you are being watched? You know, just that weird feeling.

Well, I'm just sitting here in my driveway enjoying a nice beer, listening to some tunes, stargazing and checking into SIG forum. When all of the sudden I feel that I'm being watched. So I look around without any light, and I think I see something, I squint real hard, I just can't make out what it might be, just 75 yards away standing by the big pine.

So I pull out my trusty flashlight, thinking that I'm letting my imagination get away from me. I turn on the flashlight, and what do I see?

I see a raccoon, possum, skunk, and deer standing there. Standing there just looking at me. With the flashlight on, they all look around and just walked off like "hay man, it's all good".
Each taking their separate ways.

Just weird. Kind of funny. I guess I was some kind of entertainment for the local wildlife. The blockbuster "ARman show". Who would have thought? LoL Smile

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Not normally, but I’ve had A10 Warthogs fly over me four times in the last week in two different states.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Once a week I walk outback naked and dance. Someday Google Maps will snap my picture.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
RUN!!!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/3wse2mXc1JE

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I was on a field exercise with my first unit. It was a small group and we stopped to occupy a position to cover the flanks of the larger unit. We were supposed to be there for 12 hours.

I pulled the third shift of guard duty that evening. I noticed an oval shape moving around our perimeter, which I assumed to be a wild dog. I decided to scare it off with a few, well thrown C-Rations.

I engaged the target with cheese, crackers, meatballs & barbecue sauce. I finally got a solid hit with a can of peaches and was rewarded with a wince from the target.

It turned out that my target was a Navy Seal practicing his infiltration techniques on us. I felt bad since I thought I hit the guy in the head with a can of peaches. I was apologetic and he was really cool about it. He said, "You got a good guard there. You should give him more of it."

It kind of reminds me of that cold war, spy craft saying; you don't have worry about being alone, there's always someone with you.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Back in college, some friends and I were hanging out in a remote swimming hole in eastern Tennessee drinking beverages and roughhousing. After a while something caught my attention about 50 yards away in deep, heavily shadowed woods. I stared at the spot and was able to make out some vague shapes on the ground that didn’t seem right. After about a minute of being stared at, 5 guys in full woodland camo stood up and made their way down to us. It turned out to be a National guardsmen dad taking a teenage flock out for woods-craft/stalking skill building. Dad was interested in how I had spotted them; they were in very good concealment and silent. I didn’t have an answer for him other than I just “knew”.

We are animals. Long ago we relied more heavily on our senses to keep us alive in a much more hostile world. Some are far more in tune with the world around them and some are blunt instruments blundering through life in a tiny bubble of what is in their immediate surroundings. Who’s to say what instinctual gifts we have buried down deep? In the past, hypersensitivity was the difference between eating or perhaps not being eaten. Personally, I don’t credit any kind of magical sense. But I do believe our senses can be honed to a razors edge if we put in the time...or they wake up in certain situations on their own at the medulla oblongata level.

I hunt and have trained myself to look not for deer, but for any movement whatsoever and shapes that don’t fit in. I look for An ear flick, tail twitch, even the horizontal line of a motionless back at fairly long distances in sometimes thick cover- I’ve even picked out eyes when not much else was visible. Things that don’t belong stand out. I try to hunt for fractions of things and see way more than I would if I just looked for a whole deer.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
How'd you know I feel like I'm being watched?

Where are you hiding?

Useless guard cats...

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
When I get watched, davetruong is my accomplice. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have a cat so I know I’m being watched.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
pardon for odd observation.....in the clip posted above, after the crash at 0:58, isn't the wheel actually spinning backwards in the wrong direction?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I am the watcher.
I am the shadow

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are animals. Long ago we relied more heavily on our senses to keep us alive in a much more hostile world. Some are far more in tune with the world around them and some are blunt instruments blundering through life in a tiny bubble of what is in their immediate surroundings. Who’s to say what instinctual gifts we have buried down deep? In the past, hypersensitivity was the difference between eating or perhaps not being eaten. Personally, I don’t credit any kind of magical sense. But I do believe our senses can be honed to a razors edge if we put in the time...or they wake up in certain situations on their own at the medulla oblongata level.

At the medulla oblongata level?
Is that kind of like the hair on the back of your neck standing up?

Good description. People who spend a lot of time in the woods do seem to become more sensitive to what's going on around them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No I do not have an Alexa!

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It's the chupacabra.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Could have been worse. Be glad it wasn't buzzards.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Yes. By my dogs. Because I'm eating a sandwich!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you broke up a Disney alumni reunion.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post