SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Canada national election 21 Oct 2019
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canada national election 21 Oct 2019 Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
Liberal Justin Trudeau is going into a tight election that will happen on 21 Oct 2019.

https://www.politico.com/inter...g-updates-by-region/

Justin Trudeau is in severe political peril as Canada's national election campaign enters its final week, with his incumbent governing party falling into second place and in danger of losing next Monday's vote.

An aggregate of recent polling data shows Trudeau's Liberal Party, which has been running neck-and-neck for weeks with Andrew Scheer's Conservative Party, now trailing by two percentage points.

The compendium of surveys shows Conservatives leading at 32 percent, Liberals at 30 percent, the left-wing New Democratic Party at 17 percent and the Green Party at 10 percent.

https://theconservativetreehou...lection/#more-173922

CTH believes Pelosi is working w Trudeau to stall the USMCA trade agreement.

"Speaker Pelosi is waiting to see if Trudeau can win re-election. If Canada re-elects Trudeau on October 21st, Pelosi will announce the labor provisions are not strong enough within the USMCA deal; discussions with the Trump administration are not resolving the issues; the U.S. workers are not protected enough, and she is tabling any vote.

Speaker Pelosi will then wait until after the 2020 election. The purpose is political."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't know if what CTH writes is true, but it does ring true that Pelosi is holding up USMCA to avoid a Trump accomplishment.

The greatest problems our country faces right now are not from China, Russia or Iran. Our greatest problems are from Democrats in our own country.

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe the communist, corrupt, black face wearing Trudeau is even in the running!

And even more bizarre: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politi...ndorsement-1.5323097

quote:
Former president Barack Obama has tweeted an endorsement of Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau and says he hopes Canadians give Trudeau "another term" in office.

"I was proud to work with Justin Trudeau as President," Obama wrote on Wednesday afternoon. "He's a hard-working, effective leader who takes on big issues like climate change. The world needs his progressive leadership now, and I hope our neighbors to the north support him for another term."

The endorsement of a former American president is a rare — and possibly unprecedented — event in Canadian politics. But this is the second time Obama has spoken up to endorse an international leader since he left office. In May of 2017, Obama recorded a video in which he endorsed Emmanuel Macron for the French presidency.

While it remains to be seen what impact, if any, Obama's endorsement might have on the Canadian electorate, the Liberal party has already touted his tweet to supporters in a fundraising appeal that was sent out on Wednesday afternoon.

At a campaign stop in Quebec Wednesday, Trudeau didn't answer a question about whether he or his team sought out the endorsement, saying only, "I appreciate the kind words and I'm working hard to keep our progress going."

Asked about the Obama tweet as he campaigned in Montreal, NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh said he had a lot of respect for Obama but said "in this respect he's wrong."

"Mr. Trudeau has really let down people and consistently chosen to help out the powerful and the wealthy over Canadians," Singh said, replying "no" when asked whether he thought Obama's move would hurt the NDP campaign.

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer was also asked about the endorsement during a campaign stop in Ancaster, Ont.

"I've got millions of Canadians like the ones here tonight behind me. I'm not very interested in what former foreign leaders are saying," Scheer said. "I'm just focused on finishing this election strong and putting together and putting forward my plan to help Canadians get ahead."

Asked whether he thought Obama's tweet was appropriate, he said "I'll let Canadians be the judge of that," adding he wouldn't speculate on why Obama made the endorsement.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What about these allegations he was banging underage girls at the school he taught at? Will he get a pass for that too? Roll Eyes

Trudeau is rumored to be in talks with an accusor to suppress an explosive sex scandal

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So Pelosi is colluding with Canada to affect an election? Wait, actually two elections?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
If Crime Minister Blackface McGroper gets another term, my loyalties will instantly change from Canada to an Albertan Constitutional Monarchy. Let the parasites from Eastern Canada freeze in the dark.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
Hard to believe the communist, corrupt, black face wearing Trudeau is even in the running!

And even more bizarre: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politi...ndorsement-1.5323097

quote:
Former president Barack Obama has tweeted an endorsement of Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau and says he hopes Canadians give Trudeau "another term" in office.

"I was proud to work with Justin Trudeau as President," Obama wrote on Wednesday afternoon. "He's a hard-working, effective leader who takes on big issues like climate change. The world needs his progressive leadership now, and I hope our neighbors to the north support him for another term."

The endorsement of a former American president is a rare — and possibly unprecedented — event in Canadian politics. But this is the second time Obama has spoken up to endorse an international leader since he left office. In May of 2017, Obama recorded a video in which he endorsed Emmanuel Macron for the French presidency.

While it remains to be seen what impact, if any, Obama's endorsement might have on the Canadian electorate, the Liberal party has already touted his tweet to supporters in a fundraising appeal that was sent out on Wednesday afternoon.

At a campaign stop in Quebec Wednesday, Trudeau didn't answer a question about whether he or his team sought out the endorsement, saying only, "I appreciate the kind words and I'm working hard to keep our progress going."

Asked about the Obama tweet as he campaigned in Montreal, NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh said he had a lot of respect for Obama but said "in this respect he's wrong."

"Mr. Trudeau has really let down people and consistently chosen to help out the powerful and the wealthy over Canadians," Singh said, replying "no" when asked whether he thought Obama's move would hurt the NDP campaign.

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer was also asked about the endorsement during a campaign stop in Ancaster, Ont.

"I've got millions of Canadians like the ones here tonight behind me. I'm not very interested in what former foreign leaders are saying," Scheer said. "I'm just focused on finishing this election strong and putting together and putting forward my plan to help Canadians get ahead."

Asked whether he thought Obama's tweet was appropriate, he said "I'll let Canadians be the judge of that," adding he wouldn't speculate on why Obama made the endorsement.
Obama supports him...….Run!! Every Obama idea is a disaster.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So Obama will endorse the blackface guy, but he still refuses to endorse his former VP Biden.

Biden should take a hint.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
So Obama will endorse the blackface guy, but he still refuses to endorse his former VP Biden.

Biden should take a hint.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If he's re-elected, will he start going by his real last name?

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
election was today

results starting to trickle in

From CTH:

There are 338 separate district races called ‘federal ridings’ from coast to coast. In order for a party to win outright they need to win 170 district seats.

If a party doesn’t win 170 seats they need to form a government in combination with one, or more, of the other parties. Whichever party wins the majority of the seats elects a leader to become Prime Minister

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Trudeau will stay in power but has to form a coalition govt to get to 170

Trudeau's Liberal party got 146 districts

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well....that is disappointing but not shocking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Well....that is disappointing but not shocking.

Isn't that how they do it in England? And probably Germany?

Coalition gubbermints where virtually every action taken has to be a compromise?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Should have used his blackface picture.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
The country of Canada has the same problem as many of our states. They have a densely populated Liberal area and a sparsely populated rest of the country. It does not matter how Western Canada votes, they can not compete with the densely populated East. When I lived in the UP of Michigan we knew that our vote meant nothing, the election was going to be controlled by Metro Detroit and Metro Grand Rapids. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Every time you see some commie Canadian comment on President Trump or how racist the United States is remind them that they voted for an actual racist to be their leader.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post