SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell me about Luminox watches.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about Luminox watches. Login/Join 
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I have three currently and rotate them in daily. Bought them ALL right here on the forum. Two from private sellers and one from David. Very happy with all of them.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David Truong is awesome.

Luminox is not. Bought from him, it was a genuine Luminox, immediately had problems. The watch fogged over while running. Never was in water, swimming, no shower, nothing. Bad seal. Sent it off to them. Zero communication and after a month I contacted them, they couldn't track it down beyond "yes it's here". Got it back. Band broke within 6 months, replaced with 8 dollar Walmart band which is a better band albeit without their branding.

Starting to fog again.

I wouldn't buy Luminox again. There are waaaaay better options out there.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
My only experience with Luminox was owning one of their military field style watches several years ago, not one of their diving/SEAL watches (no bezel). It worked fine until it stopped working. I thought the battery died, so I took it to a jewelry/watch store to have it replaced. Turned out that somehow the hands started rubbing together, eventually seizing up due to friction. Apparently it doesn't take a licking and keeps on ticking. Rather than send it in for warranty service I just had the shop fix it. It worked fine for a while, then it started having issues again. I gave up on it. I switched to a Timex Expedition, which worked very well for a number of years, until I switched to my current watch, a Casio G-Shock. I have no interest in purchasing another Luminox watch after that.

I had the same experience with mine. Just quit working and I wasn't even wearing it that often. I changed the battery and it works, but doesn't keep time. I've been meaning to send it in for a factory tuneup but haven't yet.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought mine out of the Cabelas Bargain Cave 4/25/ 03. Regular price 199.99. Paid 102.89. "Used, buy as is. No return".
Took a chance but thought Luminox might stand behind it if a problem developed. Can't say if they would have as the watch is still running great.

Posts: 80 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I have a Blackout I purchased from David Truong a few years ago. I have replaced the band a couple times, t=other than that, the watch performs flawlessly.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I bought a BO Luminox watch 3 years ago and it has been back to the factory twice. I have a Seiko divers watch I bought in 1982 and is my daily wear watch. It still runs great. I don't think I would buy a Luminox watch again.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post