SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I want a Jeep. >>Jeep bought!<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want a Jeep. >>Jeep bought!<< Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Oh your screwed now. You do realize, or you soon will, that Jeep's are the AR15's of the automotive world. There are so many things that are available to trick Jeep's out. And once you start, oh man, your gonna need a bigger bank account. Big Grin

Have fun and enjoy! Man, now I miss my old CJ7.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I always try to buy late model used, but with those numbers, new was the way to go. Our 2016 F150 supercrew we got with low miles a year+ ago probably only saved $3k off the best deal we could have gotten new. So, at $1k price difference, it is def. worth it.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

Now, if I can convince my wife that I need one. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Congratulations.

Now, if I can convince my wife that I need one. Smile

Haha, it was my wife who convinced me that we needed one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I didn't know I needed one until I followed this thread. Smile

Nice choice!

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Made a deal this morning.

Cool. I'm glad you ignored the adults (fun-haters Smile) We are recent empty nesters. I'd never had a new vehicle before last year. I got a two-door Rubicon in Rhino (great color-it shows dirt really well). I intended to spend $27K or so for a bottom barrel Sport, but couldn't walk past that Trail Rated Rubi. I had to cut out some frivolities to make the payment, but it's worth it. As said by other posters, it hits the grin button.

I intentionally did not wait for JL's to be out. I'll let somebody else beta test the new run.

It's a great excuse to go outside and do stuff. My wife and I have discovered a lot of cool locations to hike, metal detect and just hang out together.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
What beach are you going to? When I lived in Elizabeth City, I used to go to ride the Outer Banks a lot. When your riding the beach, keep your eye on the temp gauge, they do get hot unexpectedly. Chugging along in the sand is hard work! I used to ride with a group and we would have to stop every once in a while to cool.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
What beach are you going to? When I lived in Elizabeth City, I used to go to ride the Outer Banks a lot. When your riding the beach, keep your eye on the temp gauge, they do get hot unexpectedly. Chugging along in the sand is hard work! I used to ride with a group and we would have to stop every once in a while to cool.

We go to Oak Island, in Brunswick County. I used to be a paramedic there, and worked for 8 years in Wilmington. We still own my wife's house on the island and rent it long-term, and stay at her parent's house a block from it when we go down.

It's a bit more restrictive on driving on beaches down there, only certain ones allow it, and they charge an arm and a leg. None on Oak Island allow it, I'm pretty sure. When I first moved down there it was cheap. Now (when I can finally afford a Jeep) it's something like $150 a year for a permit, maybe more.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, you're going to have a lot of fun with it!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Congratulations, you're going to have a lot of fun with it!

Ditto!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The only thing is that re-reading some of your post's. I would have reservations about racking up 25k miles a year on it.
That will add up in a hurry.

I would look for something like a $3k Carrola or civic or something along those lines and drive and save miles on the jeep.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
enjoy!

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
The only thing is that re-reading some of your post's. I would have reservations about racking up 25k miles a year on it.
That will add up in a hurry.

I would look for something like a $3k Carrola or civic or something along those lines and drive and save miles on the jeep.

I think the visual of putting $50/week in my gas tank will dampen some of my excessive driving. Coupled with my daughter’s new softball schedule and my wife’s resulting exchange drive increases (in her 40mpg Sonata) because my schedule conflicts, I’ll be driving significantly less this coming year than the last few. Probably closer to 15-20k.

Eventually I hope to have a take home car. They are few and far for uniforms at my agency, but one day I’ll be in a spot for one. That will eliminate two thirds of my miles.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
‘23 Rubicon 392XR with 36x15.5 tires on 20x12 wheels with no lift = $20/ day in premium fuel consumed (!).

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post