SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More "Winning" After Trump scraps Obama’s military ‘rules’
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More "Winning" After Trump scraps Obama’s military ‘rules’ Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
After Trump scraps Obama’s military ‘rules’, troops decimate ISIS at a pace that even surprises commanders
December 8, 2017 | Luis Miguel | Print Article
Liberals may not want to admit it, but President Trump is succeeding ‘bigly’ with one of his major campaign promises: crushing ISIS.

By discarding Obama-era rules of engagement and giving the military greater freedom, the Trump administration has decimated ISIS with a speed that’s even surprising commanders on-the-ground.

With less than a year in office, President Trump has overseen massive gains against the Islamic caliphate, with the once-powerful terror state losing city after city.

ISIS once governed immense territory in Iraq and Syria, ruling over 8 million people and controlling profitable refineries, agriculture, smuggling routes, and arsenals.

Now, ISIS controls only 3 percent of Iraq and 5 percent of Syria. Their leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is in hiding. American forces and regional allies have liberated key cities like Mosul, Raqqa, Tel Afar, and Rawa.

Brig. Gen. Andrew Croft, the ranking U.S. Air Force officer in Iraq, told Fox News he credits the Trump administration with providing the right leadership.

“The leadership team that is in place right now has certainly enabled us to succeed,” Croft said. “I couldn’t ask for a better leadership team to work for, to enable the military to do what it does best.”

President Trump has allowed Defense Secretary James Mattis great latitude to work without micromanagement. Mattis, a former Marine Corps. General and Commander of United States Central Command, is the first senior military officer to serve as Defense Secretary since George Marshall in the ’50s.

Defense Secretary James Mattis.

The President’s hands-off approach has led to accelerated results. “It moved more quickly than at least I had anticipated,” Croft said. “We and the Iraqi Security Forces were able to hunt down and target ISIS leadership, target their command and control.”

Marine Col. Seth Folsom, who oversaw fighting in Al Qaim near the Syrian border, described feeling “liberated” under the new leadership.

“I never felt constrained. In a lot of ways, I felt quite liberated because we had a clear mandate and there was no questioning that.”
Brig. Gen. Robert “G-Man” Sofge, the top U.S. Marine in Iraq, echoed Folsom’s sentiment, saying commanders have “enjoyed not having to deal with too many distractions and there was no question about what the mission here in Iraq was.”

He continued:

“We were able to focus on what our job was without distraction and I think that goes a long way in what we are trying to accomplish here.”

Sofge pointed to the loosening of rules of engagement designed to reduce civilian casualties, suggesting such rules had previously made troops less efficient.

Speaking about the modification of rules of engagement under President Trump, Sofge said:

“We used precision strikes, and completely in accordance with international standards. We didn’t lower that standard, not one little bit. But we were able to exercise that precision capability without distraction and I think the results speak for themselves.”
Yahya Rasool, spokesman for Iraq’s Defense Ministry, also praised the Trump administration.

“I was not optimistic when Trump first came to the office,” he said. “But after a while I started to see a new approach, the way the U.S. was dealing with arming and training. I saw how the coalition forces were all moving faster to help the Iraq side more than before. There seemed to be a lot of support, under Obama we did not get this.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/20...es-commanders-573317

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
oorah general Mattis. Get Some.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a beautiful thing.

Under Obama : ISIS grows unchecked for years and expands into new regions with unchecked cruelty, destruction and inhumanity.

Under Trump : ISIS pretty much wiped out in less than a year.

The differences don't get much starker than that.

MAGA!

================================

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Kill them dead, then kill them some more.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Yes, is it not exciting to see our military do what they are trained and equipped to do?

Now, all Trump needs to do is get that social justice shit out of the military.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Trump, with one arm tied behind his back, keeps reminding us that Obama was a feckless loser. Eat your heart out Obie One Nobody.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
B. Hussein O 's actions are understanda le when you realize he was never on our side

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Obama was looking out for the success of his terrorist cronies in the Islam religion. Trump is looking out for our troops and our country. Go Trump.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
Obama was looking out for the success of his terrorist cronies in the Islam religion. Trump is looking out for our troops and our country. Go Trump.

It is obvious to everyone but the libtards.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for a great post, downtownv.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
It's a beautiful thing.

Under Obama : ISIS grows unchecked for years and expands into new regions with unchecked cruelty, destruction and inhumanity.

Under Trump : ISIS pretty much wiped out in less than a year.

The differences don't get much starker than that.

MAGA!

================================

Sure.

Remember obama saying the most beautiful sound he ever heard was the call to prayer?

He is one and that's why he coddled them.

Good riddance to bad trash.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
MAMBA!

Making
America's
Military
Bad-Ass
Again!

Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sure.

Remember obama saying the most beautiful sound he ever heard was the call to prayer?

He is one and that's why he coddled them.

Good riddance to bad trash.

The NEW favorite sound is Artillery, Gunships and airstrikes...

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Yes, is it not exciting to see our military do what they are trained and equipped to do?

You mean blow shit up and kill people? Why yes. Yes it is indeed!

And even better, I bet it will save US lives, and a boatload of money in the long run.

Showing those bastards there is a new Sheriff in town, and he ain't playing.

Winning! MAGA!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying to understand how out front line troops must feel, coming from the last White House occupant to President Trump.

Must feel pretty good...

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've not heard a word about this on any of the main stream media news shows. They will not broadcast anything that puts Trump in a good light. I'm just blown away by how biased they are.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Kill them, kill everyone who knows them, destroy their weapons and the desire to ever want to take up arms again.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Kill them, kill everyone who knows them, destroy their weapons and the desire to ever want to take up arms again.

Some would argue All the males as well

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Saw this morning Iraq has taken back the border with Syria.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MSM is really after the President. I like to listen to NPR but this is getting sickening. Any item they can blast Trump for they do. And Steven Colbert is another POS. Disgusting! Will this stop after his re-election?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post