SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Riots Near Memphis Over officer-Involved Shooting
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Riots Near Memphis Over officer-Involved Shooting Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
Did the cops shoot an unarmed black man again? Nope. Not according to them:

"According to a news release sent from the TBI at 3 a.m. today, the shooting happened around 7 p.m., Wednesday night. Officers with the United States Marshals Service confronted a man, wanted on multiple warrants, outside of a home in the 2700 block of Durham Street. The suspect was getting into a vehicle. "While attempting to stop the individual, he reportedly rammed his vehicle into the officers’ vehicles multiple times before exiting with a weapon," the TBI said. Officers then used deadly force, shooting and killing the suspect."

But when you're told you are a perpetual victim, you don't wait for facts. You just get out there and throw bricks and rocks at cops. 35 cops injured (all released from hospital)

Full story here.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
When has ramming/attempting to run over a cop in a sea of cops EVER turned out for the criminal?

I mean I am not a criminal but I feel like I have seen this played out enough to know that trying to escape another day might be the order of the day.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Horrific situation. Significant property damage to public and private property. A fire station had to be closed for safety reasons. 36 officers injured as of last report. Officers were pelted with rocks, bottles, cigarettes, and street signs for hours before gas was finally used to disperse the crowd. The suspect was wanted for a robbery and attempted murder out of Mississippi where he was identified as the suspect responsible for shooting a man 5 times over a car and leaving him in the street for dead. All of the above is publicly available and accurate information and I am not commenting as a representative of any local agency. No Memphis officer was involved in the shooting.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I truly wish I could tell you the kind of things the officers faced that haven't made the news yet. I've never been more glad that my days as a officer in a squad car are behind me. I truly don't know how they do it anymore.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Ah, summer comes to Mogadishu on the Mississippi..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fat stacks Yo!

Thank you Obama. This is his legacy; cities burning because murderous thugs are killed by LE when they violently resist (could have been his son). Facts be damned, burn that MF down!

I think he put his hands up and was innocent and un-armed...yeah that's it. "hands up don't shoot!"

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live here in Memphis. Its a crap hole. Burn it down and leave it behind. There isn't much to salvage.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This is one legacy of the Obama era that will endure; empowering thugs will be one his greatest achievements.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
I live here in Memphis. Its a crap hole. Burn it down and leave it behind. There isn't much to salvage.

Andrew

Just save Graceland. That's all we need.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

Andrew

Just save Graceland. That's all we need.

It's right in the middle of Thug Land.... Not worth saving. Death Week has diminished to a relatively small event. In fact, I cannot name one individual I know personally that has actually gone to Graceland - or will admit to it.

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Based on what I have read, the Police showed incredible restraint.

Thank you to the men and women in Blue. At my age, I could not do what you do. I am too old and don't give a f*ck!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He died doing what he loved

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The answer to this is simple....Remington already makes a “riot shotgun”, when the first asshole hits the streets and throws a brick, every cop within fifty miles should show up and start shooting assholes who grab a brick/bottle/rock...and stand over said assholes corpse and look for more targets who might pick up a brick, rinse and repeat until assholes quit picking up bricks...the second time it happens, cops do it all again...eventually the assholes will quit throwing bricks or the cops will run out of assholes to shoot.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
My search skills are failing me but it seems like the marshals have deadified several of Memphis's more upstanding citizens. maybe it is a figment of my imagination.

It is amazing how much money these thugs cost us. Shoot them and they riot. Put them in jail and we have to house and feed them forever. Either way, we pay...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Give them ONE warning to disperse.

Use force right away if no result.

At 1st sign of violence, rocks, fire, gunfire - commence fire.

Enough playing nice.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
They are caught in a vicious mentally with no real foundation.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Many years back when I was a cop in N J, we arrested a local man who was very involved with the black community. Most of it not in a good way.

He was held at out station until we were going to transfer him to County.

Several dozen people stormed our station with bottles, rocks, etc. We had a shepherd K-9. She was released and told to"Go get em". She was on a long lead that so very unfortunately was somehow released by her handler, resulting in dozens and dozens of dog bites to these community members.

The mini riot dispersed within about 30 seconds.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I cannot name one individual I know personally that has actually gone to Graceland - or will admit to it.
It was around 1991, give or take a year, that I visited Memphis to teach a series of one-week courses on The C Programming Language and various UNIX™ related topics at FedEx. I played tourist and I did drive past Graceland. Didn't go in, just wanted to get a street view.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

We had a shepherd K-9. She was released and told to"Go get em" . . . dozens and dozens of dog bites
Good doggie! Who's a good girl? You are, yes you are!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים