SIGforum
400 years of slavery? I think their math is fuzzy.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2380069274

August 01, 2020, 11:42 AM
apprentice
400 years of slavery? I think their math is fuzzy.
We're all Africans...if you care to trace it back far enough. Ditto for us all having ancestors that were slaves. Well, except for the very first slave owner ever anywhere I suppose.

I've wondered about getting reparations from the Romans etc. myself. The back interest on it alone would set me up nicely I bet.
August 01, 2020, 12:18 PM
Scoutmaster
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Let's not overlook the handy fact that the Arabs, major movers in the Pan-African slave trade, actually went to the all the trouble of inventing a whole new language, Swahili, so that slave traders from all over African could talk to each other.

You mean slavery existed before colonists came to America?? Wink

My concern is the number of liberals addicted to such kool-aid.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944
August 02, 2020, 02:43 PM
Plugugly
When will the liberals get upset and do something about the current slave trade in the US? I'm speaking about all the people forced into the sex trade, I.E. human trafficking. If you count them, there may be more slaves in the country now than when slavery was legal.
August 03, 2020, 02:12 AM
darthfuster

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier