SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dove Hunting in Florida
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dove Hunting in Florida Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Has anyone seen decent flocks flying in Central Florida this year?

I'm rural, with an 80 acre hay field adjacent to my place, along with trees and a lake, and have seen nothing but single birds, and not too many of those.

We haven't had a decent dove season here in about 5 years by my count.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Artie, I too am in central Florida. I work on a 40,000 acre ranch. Much of the land is leased to hunters. I spoke with the dove hunters and they are also hopeful for a better year. I don't see too many, mostly just singles or pairs moving around

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
not cold enough here (Georgia) to push them down into Florida yet, imo. We usually have great december dove hunts in SW GA over harvested peanut fields. also been fortunate to have great opening day shoots in Wilkes Co GA the last 4 or 5 years. it hasn't always been like this...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking that the combination of a hurricane, some serious lows, and unusually warm temps in the southeast has been responsible. Hopefully some will come in later. We have three seasons in Central Florida, with the last one running in December.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post