SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trick or treaters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trick or treaters Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Took my little to Mrs Mikes work, where they distribute foods. He left with 22 pounds of candy.
That's quite a haul!

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
No trick or treaters at the ranch. Followed an annual tradition of dinner with the old next door neighbors, then passing out candy in their driveway. I swear they literally do bus kids in there. The joke was that it should been in the disclosures when selling a house there. Before we had kids I can remember giving out 300 pieces of candy, turning out the lights, and heading in town for dinner at our favorite Italian place before 7pm. Most folks setup a table in the driveway and save wear and tear on their doorbell. When the lights are out though, the kids skip to the next house. Good times!

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We don't live on a road conducive to getting pedestrians, so we end up doing some of the trunk or treat deals through work, etc. Funniest costume of the year was a 2 year old dressed as a beer wench. Friggin hilarious.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my town it’s considered acceptable for folks to sit out front while handing out candy, many have a portable propane fire pit and offer a pour a little something to the parents walking along with the kids. Usually wine or offer a cold beer.

The kids are always polite and say thank you. I don’t even mind the high school age kids as long as they put a mask on or face paint. Street clothes with no costume ? Come on bro get $2.99 and buy a bag of candy at target if your that lazy. But the kids about ages 5-10. That’s the golden years. They are so happy to get candy. Knock on my door after I’ve turned out my light around 8:30-9 and blown out the candle in my pumpkin and your just a jerk.

My son has learned that if you hit that 8-9 hour with lights still on you often get a huge handful vs a single piece early in the evening as most folks don’t want a big bowl of candy leftover so they are looking to get rid of it by that time of night.

Posts: 4752 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me. Par for the course in my Townhouse complex.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
We're kind of back a ways. No kids showed. Frown

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Have no idea what the situation was in my neighborhood--Wednesday evenings are Choir Practice at my church and I wasn't at home. However, based on prior years experience, there probably weren't more than a half-dozen kids going around; it was lightly raining, too. Most folks on my street seem to take their kids to parties on Hallowe'en and they aren't on the street. My church sponsors a "Trunk or Treat" event each year (this year it was last Saturday) where members decorate their car trunks and wear costumes and distribute candy and have games. The kids (and parents) seem to like it as an alternative to plying the neighborhoods.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post