SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many Trick-or-Treaters did you have on Halloween?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many Trick-or-Treaters did you have on Halloween? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Zip. Zero. Nada. Same as last year.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Town PD estimated 350 in the village. We are at the epicenter of that village.

Which equates to 45lbs of candy given out over 2 3/4 hours.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Easily a couple hundred. Our neighborhood is one that folks drive to with their kids, which is a good thing as there aren't very many kids left here.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
About 100, which was down a little from normal because of the snow/rain mix.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Only two kids in the neighborhood old enough or young enough to do Halloween. So just two.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the 19 years I’ve lived in this house I haven’t had a single trick or treater. I’m ok with it.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
We had just over 200. That’s low as we normally go 300-350.
Couple of blocks away the HOA hires police to block off some streets and direct traffic. I’ve had friends go through 1,000 pieces, then shut down.
We’re one of the “go to” neighborhoods. I’ve even see church buses shuttle kids.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 21 years we've never had a trick or treater. We live in a rural area on a dirt road with a fair distance between homes. The only kids near us now have grandparents who live in town so that's where they go.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
We never have trick/treaters anymore.

There are two ways of looking at this:

1.) No hassles for us home owners. No kids threatening to do something nasty if they're unhappy that you had no candy for them, or not enough, or the wrong kind, etc.

2.) The sense of community is gone.

When I was a kid, we didn't know everybody in our neighborhood, but we knew most of 'em. That made for a sense of community. By that I mean, if any kid did something we all agreed was wrong, everybody in the neighborhood knew who had done it, and, thus, there was very little wrongdoing. Conversely, we all knew when one of the neighborhood kids made good in a competition or a contest, and it made us ALL feel good that one of "us" did well. As I was growing up, all of the dads in our neighborhood knew who I was, and any one of them would have helped me if I needed help, and reprimanded me if I needed reprimanding.

But, that was 50+ years ago, and now it's all about litigation.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
We had close to 50 witch is pretty good for our neighborhood. All were in costumes and some of the older kids had put a lot of work into them. Most every one was polite with thank yous.

One person dressed up like the clown from IT and just walked up and down the main street we live off of holding a bunch of red balloons. Having done the clown routine a few years ago I loved it.

As always, I had the ghost flying which has become a favorite of the kids around us.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
About 2000 kids, maybe 2250, based on how many bags of candy we gave away. My neighborhood is known as the Halloween neighborhood so people from all over come.

We have out Jell-O shots to the adults.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Our Halloween was postponed until today thanks to the snow on Thursday.

Had 5 T-or-Ters in total, 3 of which were from next door.

I shut it down with about an hour to go and went out for dinner.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Let’s see.
Driveway 350 yards plus through the trees.
In the country
No lights.
No trespassing signs
No neighbors

No kids for Halloween.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Zero trick or treaters.
120' driveway.
Attack kitty.
Heavy rain and no exterior lights on may be explanation.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
We had none. Same as the last 10 years or so. We live out in the country, and while we do have a few neighbours, all the "kids" that were around here are grown up & moved away. That doesn't stop us from stocking up on the good Halloween candy.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Not a one, but we are rural. We also had a bad storm but that did not have no effect.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Down quite a bit this year. A lot less houses with lights on as well.

It was chilly, but not that bad. Usually a lot of activity in my neighborhood, houses decorated, lights, sounds, etc. Not so much this year

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
2 Little boys and their Mom dressed as Wonder Woman
Spandex REALLY Stretches!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
None. Live in the country. Seems the trend nowadays is to take your kids to controlled Halloween environment. Wheres the fun in that?

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post