SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many Trick-or-Treaters did you have on Halloween?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many Trick-or-Treaters did you have on Halloween? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Zilch. A cross street with only like 4 houses on it and a church across the way. Poorly lit, too.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
sadly, just about a dozen. was prepared for more.

Has been raining for two days prior and then the temperature dropped about 30-40 degrees and got cold. They may have kept ours away.

0:01

Posts: 4207 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
About 40-50. It was a quiet night.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
First year the wife and I didn't purchase any goodies for the kiddies. After having to force the goodies down ourselves for almost 10 yrs now because of zero visits, the only time we haven't wouldn't you know it we had one visit, with two smaller kiddies!

Hey Monkey...please send some of that cooler air down to this end of the state please!!!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty chilly night in Fort Worth. But my small street had its fair share of neighborhood kids. I posted up in my open garage, cooler full of beverages for parents, cauldron of candy for the kiddos. Traffic dropped off by 815pm so it was lights out and a retreat inside to a warm fireplace.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5 or 6 at our house.

First one around 6:15pm .... knocked, put a package on the step and started walking away before I could even open the door. Great costume - all brown clothes and big brown truck that said UPS on the side. Come to think of it, he was about 45 years old. (I really did give him some candy).

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
None, zero, zilch. Although I had lit pumpkins out and the gate open, my porch light is on a sensor and only comes on when someone approaches, so maybe kids just don't come up to it. However, I didn't hear any noises of kids running around the neighborhood, either, and the 2 times I went outside to look the street was bare. It's not uncommon for there to be very few at Hallowe'en--the parents drive their kids somewhere else, it seems. It's also possible that the neighborhood decided to do T or T some other night--I live alone and don't get the "word".
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Zero. Trunk or treat has killed Halloween.
That may be the case here, too. I had no takers last night. My church did a T or T last Saturday and there were probably 200 kids there (not all from the church--the neighborhood takes part, too).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None. Kids stopped. Now adults dress up and go to parties instead.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Zero here for the past 16 years. I heard they even canceled the town event because it rained

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post

I didn't even buy candy this year. I figured that if anyone showed up I'd give them a choice between an apple or a persimmon. But no one did.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

About all I had to give out were Ramen Noodles. And they're about 6 years old on the shelf...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Maybe twenty including teenagers. I even put out my vintage Federal Beacon-Ray light to draw attention to us. The rain and horizontal wet snowfall did not help matters much.

Last Sunday afternoon one of my friends club put on a trunk or treat event for kids. Bounce house, adults in costume also. Food for kids and adults. Nice day, sunny and while not real warm not bitter cold either.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I live in a mountain community where everyone has ~ 2 acres. My boys are 7 & 8, prime trick or treating ages. We have a very close family friend that live in a 'planned" development, i.e. less than 1/4 acre lots, more like 1/8 I think, about 20 miles away...Highlands Ranch from those of you who know Denver. Every since our kids were old enough to walk we've gone there for Halloween.

We show up with 2 pizzas, a six pack and a bottle of wine. We commiserate for a hour to an hour and a half, then head out with the kids. We move fast and cover over 100 - 150 houses I'd have to say. This year about 50% of the homes were dark (no lights), so we skipped them. I think the neighborhood is maturing and many of the kids have grown up and moved along, and their parents have stayed in the same house.

Out of the 100 - 150 houses we walked past, we had about 8 - 10 that just left out a container of candy with a note to take 1, or a "few" pieces. Everyone seemed very respectful and no one "raided" the containers. It is an upper middle class neighborhood. That is nice to see. Every year we hear from folks who think this practice has died.

My kids had great haul. I'd have to say well over 10 lbs between the 2 of them. They are in school now, I still need to go and "review" their loot, and confiscate the peanut butter cups. I already found a full sized kit kat bar. Not my favorite, but it was 7:30 this morning... Big Grin

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Only 1 group of about 5 kids, and only because we turned the porch light on for about 10 minutes because we had some guests stop by.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
0. But, I'm a thousand feet from the road, with two gates. It's not like there's anyone to come up here anyway. The small lots around me are 5 acres.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero!! I used to get them, but the old grouches in my cul-de-sac have all started turning off all of their lights to detour the kids......pisses me off!!!

Posts: 6614 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
We had 2. Last year was over 100. We never know from year to year.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Haven't had any in the 17 years we've been here.

The American Legion in town was doing trick or trunk and my wife volunteered us. It was moved indoors because of the weather. About 400-500 kids showed up, about 1000 people all together.

We actually had a good time!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
None. It was cold and windy here in the ATL.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I will never allow my kids to go to that stupid trunk or treat Bull shit. What a lame ass cop out.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post