SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mini-Purple Heart needs a new home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini-Purple Heart needs a new home Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
I've been charged with finding a new owner for this as new mini-Purple Heart. There is no box, nor other material to accompany it.

I trust the honor of Sigforum members that anyone who replies to this and who is interested in assuming ownership of this is appropriately eligible to do so and to wear/display this ribbon. The criteria are reviewed here, if anyone has questions:
Criteria

I'll wait a suitable duration of time, as judged by the traffic to this thread and my availability, before uniting this mini-medal with an appropriate member. I will also announce when this transaction is complete. If the member is nearby to me then the presentation of the mini-medal may also be arranged to come with a drink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
My FIL was awarded a Purple Heart for his service as a corpsman during VietNam. I don't know if he has a mini medal.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
My good friend Joe Tremain is a Purple Heart recipient. Served in Viet Nam as EOD.

This would be an awesome thing for him to have. Thanks for offering it up to a new home. It would be an honor to share with him.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My buddy was just awarded a Silver Star from actions he did in VN in 1967. He suffered some pretty good wounds if you don't find a home. He has a full size one.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Please do not include me as my full sized PHs ae more than adequate. I just wanted to thank you for your thoughtfulness.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Thank you, mrmn. Once bump to the top for some more opportunities at review.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
From what I know with the navy, the only time mini medals are worn is dinner dress uniforms. I saw my dad wear them once.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Karmanator has spoken, Appliance Brad, please check your email.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much. I will consider it a great honor to present this to my friend Joe. I really appreciate your sharing the opportunity here.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post