SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dreamers Threaten to Leave the USA
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dreamers Threaten to Leave the USA Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I went to go look at new cars at the dealership. I threatened to take my business elsewhere if they didn’t let me pay MSRP plus some arbitrary dealer markup.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Will she take Rosie, Whoopi and the others that were going to leave too?

I thought they were moving to Canada, not Mexico.

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t threaten me with a good time!

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I chip in a few bux for bus fare?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beat me to it. Can I help with your bus fare home?

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
This has elevated crazy talk to a whole new level.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Wait.... don't encourage this. If you do they'll realize it is what we want and won't leave!!

Noooo Dreamers.. PLEASE don't go.... I'll be soooooo sad if <cough><gag><hack>

Sorry, even I couldn't get through that

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Isn't getting them to leave the whole point?

That's like being on trial for murder and threatening the jury that you will go to jail if they find you guilty.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be fine if a deal were made that allowed some of these that were brought here as youngsters to stay. Yet, if they'd like to leave, that's cool, too....

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3479 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
AMF

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
As Billy Ray Valentine would say...

Get
Out!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
This is akin to those cases in which prison inmates threaten hunger strikes if this or that demand is not met. Well, BE MY GUEST.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Be careful what you wish for................

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
President Trump has floated the idea of letting non-criminal DACAs stay. Of course, he wants the wall and some other things first.

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Wait.... don't encourage this. If you do they'll realize it is what we want and won't leave!!

Noooo Dreamers.. PLEASE don't go.... I'll be soooooo sad if <cough><gag><hack>

Sorry, even I couldn't get through that
No, not the briar patch! Anything but the briar patch. Please don't throw me into the briar patch.
-- Br'er Rabbit

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The theory appears to be that, if DREAMers suddenly disappear, Americans will notice their absence. Velez and her sister claim they own businesses, pay tuition, and hold jobs, and that America has a duty to keep them here in order to maintain their contributions.

So they're taking off when the economy is transitioning from absolute suck to something good, and they expect us to notice that they aren't running buisnesses, paying tuition or holding jobs? Riiiiight.

I love that crack about 'duty'. We owe you no duty at all. Be sure and vote for the opposition candidate when you get back to Venezuela. Oh, and be sure to start a buisness, pay tuition and hold a job when you're down there - if Maduro doesn't jail you, shoot you, or expropriate everything you own, you might actually do something for your own future!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:

Oh Hell yeah!!

Just like all of Hollywood has moved because Trump won the election. Frown

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Don't let the door hit you, where the Good Lord Split ya!
And take a carload of your amigos with you!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Delta is ready when they are.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post