SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dreamers Threaten to Leave the USA
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dreamers Threaten to Leave the USA Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
if a DACA deal isn't made. You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.dailywire.com/news..._campaign=benshapiro

A group of DREAMers, young illegal immigrants fighting to stay in the country following the Trump Administration's refusal to extend the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) executive order, say they'll leave the country if a deal isn't reached . . . err . . . to keep them in the country.

Speaking to CNN, one of these DREAMers, Alex Velez, said, "I will leave. I will leave America as soon as possible,” claiming that she would prefer to depart the country on her own terms than wait for the United States to collect and deport her.

The theory appears to be that, if DREAMers suddenly disappear, Americans will notice their absence. Velez and her sister claim they own businesses, pay tuition, and hold jobs, and that America has a duty to keep them here in order to maintain their contributions.

The problem is, for the Velez sisters, striking against the United States for refusing to accommodate them isn't a plan with a likely payoff. The pair are undocumented citizens brought over by their parents from Venezuela, and the situation in their home country is less than ideal.

The United States Congress may be taking its time renewing the DACA Act, but Venezuela is currently crumbling under a dictator — so the theory that they'd return to a more awesome place to show President Trump what he's missing might not pan out.

If a comprehensive immigration reform plan is not approved by early March, DACA recipients will be allowed to finish out the term of their amnesty contract before being declared "illegal." Congress says it is working on a solution and President Trump has been clear that DACA recipients who overstay will not be targeted for deportation.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah they are the backbone of America like pelosi claims. Roll Eyes

I would love to see their federal and state income tax returns, if they filed any, and an audit on any welfare benefits.

Adios and we will survive just fine and hey you can apply for citizenship anytime like everyone else has too that wants to be a citizen. What makes you so fucking special?

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Beat me to it, Seve. Well done, sir.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they are going to be right on the heels of all those celebrities who promised to leave if Trump won.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi dreams of being a brown 6 year old boy, or something like that.

And as far as the Drippers go- Cram your threats up your ass and just GTFO.

It's like Herpes threatening to leave you. It's like the IRS threatening to not audit you.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dreamers Threaten to Leave the USA

Now you're just teasing me. Eek

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Dreamers Threaten to Leave the USA

Now you're just teasing me. Eek

Yep, don't make any promises you can't keep schemers dreamers.

Hit the bricks. Get to steppin'.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
All these promises and no results! First it was Rosie and Whoopi, now these guys. There’s just no integrity anymore.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Adios, Felicia.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems that's all we really wanted so Thanks.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
No breath holding? No foot stamping? Okay. Go reconquista Mexico.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Will she take Rosie, Whoopi and the others that were going to leave too?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Are they threatening to do this on their own dime, even? Big Grin

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Many of them are arrogant and believe they are fully entitled to be citizens. They make demands and are harshly critical of this country.

Case in point:

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...g-backs-people-color

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care if they leave. It will save us money if they self deport.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your shithole country. Don't let the door hit your in the ass.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post