SIGforum
Dutch businessman, 69, seeks to legally identify as 20 years younger

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2350073944

November 08, 2018, 01:37 PM
olfuzzy
Dutch businessman, 69, seeks to legally identify as 20 years younger
This is a novel idea. Razz

A Dutch businessman is making waves after he launched a legal battle to officially roll back his age 20 years – claiming he is a “young god” and dating apps discriminate against him due to his age.

Emile Ratelband, who is -- for now -- 69 years old, told a Dutch court this week he didn’t feel “comfortable” with his date of birth and wished to have it change from March 11, 1949, to March 11, 1969.

“When I’m 69, I am limited,” he said, according to The Guardian. “If I’m 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car. I can take up more work.”

On Tinder, he says he gets no responses from prospective ladies -- all because of his age.

“When I’m 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position,” Ratelband added.

Ratelband, who's also a motivational speaker and trainer in neurolinguistics programming, told the judge he was willing to renounce his right to a pension. He also compared his desire to legally change his age to that of transgender people seeking to change their birth certificates.

“You can change your name. You can change your gender. Why not your age?” he told De Telegraaf outside court. “Nowhere are you so discriminated against as with your age.”

He told the Dutch newspaper that his view is supported by medical and physiological reports, saying: “My biological age in the medical world is determined to be at 40 to 45 years.”

Ratelband’s attorney told the Guardian that it was high time for the courts to allow for the reversal of age.

The judge in a court in Arnhem is expected to give a ruling within four weeks, Sky News reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...-as-20-years-younger
November 08, 2018, 01:42 PM
Russ59
If you can deny your biological gender, why not your age?If you can flat out deny facts and reality regarding gonads, why not your age?

I hope he wins as to expose the lunacy of the progressives.

P229
November 08, 2018, 02:16 PM
ZSMICHAEL
He is not getting hits because of his looks and stance. Looks like a smug asshole. If he is looking for dates via Tinder something is seriously wrong with the guy. There are dating sites for guys who want to be Sugar Daddies. Dennis Hof seemed to do okay. I hear he died happy at 72
November 08, 2018, 02:19 PM
bigdeal
I love it! You go Emile. We live in a time of utter insanity, so why not?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
November 08, 2018, 02:20 PM
TSE
Can't you just lie about your age on Tinder?

Calgary Shooting Centre
November 08, 2018, 02:33 PM
parabellum
Ben Shapiro already uses this as an argument when dealing with college students.

"Why aren't you 60?"

"Ummmm....what??"

"Why aren't you 60? If it's simply a matter of 'identifying', then you should be able to be 60."

<crickets>

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
November 08, 2018, 02:36 PM
ZSMICHAEL
He would do MUCH better if he advertised a fat wallet. It seems May December romances have that in common.
November 08, 2018, 03:17 PM
dgshooter
I want to identify as 65 so I qualify for Medicare.
November 08, 2018, 03:19 PM
rusbro
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
Can't you just lie about your age on Tinder?

People would never do that!

November 08, 2018, 05:11 PM
SIGSense
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
I want to identify as 65 so I qualify for Medicare.

This scenario was seriously discussed by my financial advisor at a conference he attended a few years ago during the Obummer Administration. They were prepping those VERY arguments, because.... IF you can legally change your sex, you could legally change your age etc. The basic discussion was about the millions of Americans that would deluge the courts with those requests, ending with them filing for early Social Security benefits.
November 08, 2018, 05:50 PM
ChuckWall
Halleluiah! I can be 22 again!

MAGA
November 08, 2018, 06:02 PM
Balzé Halzé
Can a 17 year old identify as a 21 year old?

Bartender!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
November 08, 2018, 08:21 PM
sjtill
quote:
who's also a motivational speaker and trainer in neurolinguistics programming

So he's dead broke, too.

November 08, 2018, 08:36 PM
DaveL
I’m all for it. Age is just an oppressive social construct created by the western dominated white male patriarchy.

Come to think of it, I’d like to identify as rich and retired.
November 08, 2018, 11:23 PM
zoom6zoom
that's just silly. He'll have to give up the discount at Denny's.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.