SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dutch businessman, 69, seeks to legally identify as 20 years younger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dutch businessman, 69, seeks to legally identify as 20 years younger Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
This is a novel idea. Razz

A Dutch businessman is making waves after he launched a legal battle to officially roll back his age 20 years – claiming he is a “young god” and dating apps discriminate against him due to his age.

Emile Ratelband, who is -- for now -- 69 years old, told a Dutch court this week he didn’t feel “comfortable” with his date of birth and wished to have it change from March 11, 1949, to March 11, 1969.

“When I’m 69, I am limited,” he said, according to The Guardian. “If I’m 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car. I can take up more work.”

On Tinder, he says he gets no responses from prospective ladies -- all because of his age.

“When I’m 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position,” Ratelband added.

Ratelband, who's also a motivational speaker and trainer in neurolinguistics programming, told the judge he was willing to renounce his right to a pension. He also compared his desire to legally change his age to that of transgender people seeking to change their birth certificates.

“You can change your name. You can change your gender. Why not your age?” he told De Telegraaf outside court. “Nowhere are you so discriminated against as with your age.”

He told the Dutch newspaper that his view is supported by medical and physiological reports, saying: “My biological age in the medical world is determined to be at 40 to 45 years.”

Ratelband’s attorney told the Guardian that it was high time for the courts to allow for the reversal of age.

The judge in a court in Arnhem is expected to give a ruling within four weeks, Sky News reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...-as-20-years-younger

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can deny your biological gender, why not your age?If you can flat out deny facts and reality regarding gonads, why not your age?

I hope he wins as to expose the lunacy of the progressives.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is not getting hits because of his looks and stance. Looks like a smug asshole. If he is looking for dates via Tinder something is seriously wrong with the guy. There are dating sites for guys who want to be Sugar Daddies. Dennis Hof seemed to do okay. I hear he died happy at 72

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I love it! You go Emile. We live in a time of utter insanity, so why not?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Can't you just lie about your age on Tinder?

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ben Shapiro already uses this as an argument when dealing with college students.

"Why aren't you 60?"

"Ummmm....what??"

"Why aren't you 60? If it's simply a matter of 'identifying', then you should be able to be 60."

<crickets>

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He would do MUCH better if he advertised a fat wallet. It seems May December romances have that in common.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I want to identify as 65 so I qualify for Medicare.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
Can't you just lie about your age on Tinder?

People would never do that!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
I want to identify as 65 so I qualify for Medicare.

This scenario was seriously discussed by my financial advisor at a conference he attended a few years ago during the Obummer Administration. They were prepping those VERY arguments, because.... IF you can legally change your sex, you could legally change your age etc. The basic discussion was about the millions of Americans that would deluge the courts with those requests, ending with them filing for early Social Security benefits.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Halleluiah! I can be 22 again!

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Can a 17 year old identify as a 21 year old?

Bartender!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
who's also a motivational speaker and trainer in neurolinguistics programming

So he's dead broke, too.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m all for it. Age is just an oppressive social construct created by the western dominated white male patriarchy.

Come to think of it, I’d like to identify as rich and retired.

Posts: 988 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
that's just silly. He'll have to give up the discount at Denny's.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post