SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Cleese Mocking The Cancel/Apology Mob
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Cleese Mocking The Cancel/Apology Mob Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Good for him! I love how he baits them and they're too dumb and woke to even realize it!

quote:

John Cleese
@John Cleese

Not wishing to be left behind by Hank Azaria, I would like to apologise on behalf on Monty Python for all the many sketches we did making fun of white English people

We're sorry for any distress we may have caused

2:17 PM · Apr 13, 2021

THAT was just enough to make these Woketards go apeshit on Twitter Big Grin To which just caused him to mock them even further...which led to them getting even more woke and angry....I love it!

Comedian John Cleese 'Apologises' For Making "Fun Of White English People"

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Wits of social media - .22 short
Wit of John Cleese - 50 BMG

I have long been a fan of Monty Python.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Proof that Cleese’s wit and tongue are as razor sharp as ever Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he's there for the argument?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I think he farted in their general direction.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Tracking indicates the complete "Fawlty Towers" DVD is out for delivery today. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I watched a Monty Python documentary recently and learned that almost all of them were Cambridge and Oxford students. Excluding the lone American of course.

John Cleese is a smart fellow, they all are/were.

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

This is being hit on the head in here.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of seeing Cleese and Idle on tour years ago,

basically just the two of them on stage BS'ing about whatever,

absolutely hilarious

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
if they don't go away they'll be taunted a second time.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m sorry, I thought this was abuse!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You can't really counter these people with irony, sarcasm, and humor. They are immune to it. Like Germans.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you've never done this before, watch The Holy Grail with closed captioning on. You'll discover a lot of jokes you missed. My favorite line from Cleese,
"Well, I got A note."

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
So ahead of his time. Like the scene in “The life of Brian” where one of them wants to be a woman. “Call me Loretta. I want to have babies.” “ What do mean you want to have babies? You haven’t got a womb!” “Well we can support his right to have babies.”

It shows how our current social environment is the culmination of fifty years of pushing by the left. It isn’t new. John Gleese made fun of how ridiculous it was, even back then. Good for him for standing up to the cancel people.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
“I don’t want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal-food-trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.”

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I bet when he did that he was expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bet when he did that he was expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Loved Monty Python but Fawlty Towers is even better as far as JC goes. Absolutely hysterical.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
It's all hysterical. And, so on point.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Cleese is funny and entertaining, and is right on-point on this issue.

He's also a wild Trump (and Boris Johnson) hater and characterizes Trump supporters as "very stupid," so he can still kiss my fat ass.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post