SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Portia Spider (FAST!!!)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portia Spider (FAST!!!) Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
You are a terrible person.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well, geez, I spelled it correctly and everything.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Damn, they fast.

Is that commonly known as the trapdoor spider?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I believe so. There actually is a Portia spider. Here it is (in case you haven't had enough):

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
They've been known to grab toes, fingers and other dangly organs while you are walking or working in the yard...you will never get them back...THEY belong to THEM when they go underground! (Actually...you don't really want them back after the Portis Spider has enjoyed having their way with your appendages, it's not pretty...sad...really sad Frown Eek Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Uncanny resemblance to my ex wife.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Eight legged bunch of nope...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Spiders got sixteen legs?? Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I would have drawn my weapon and fired. Yep almost certainley.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
They are also pretty stealthy about slipping out of their bathroom hiding spaces and lairs and can slip into a bed without being noticed...if they are really tired from killing things during the day, they will sleep quietly in your warm places...if they are hungry...well, watch out for your dangly parts, ears, toes and especially sleep with your mouth shut...a panty hose stretched over your head helps keep them out!...

Sleep tight...don't let the Portia Spiders drag you away in a stunned situation into their hellish lair...good night all Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well it’s not like I really wanted any chance of sleep tonight.

Jackass!!!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't sleep with your mouth open.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
In my Fl condo I've seen some small versions of them. So quick are they with all them furry legs I enlisted them as my Fungoid Mycosis Fighters doing battle containing the CTCL in my system. Than I morphed the fancy med the doc gave me into their armor and 6 weeks later doc was smiling about how good by blood components were.
Spidylicious.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More SF expertise I could have lived without.
Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
They are also pretty stealthy about slipping out of their bathroom hiding spaces and lairs and can slip into a bed without being noticed...if they are really tired from killing things during the day, they will sleep quietly in your warm places...if they are hungry...well, watch out for your dangly parts, ears, toes and especially sleep with your mouth shut...a panty hose stretched over your head helps keep them out!...

Sleep tight...don't let the Portia Spiders drag you away in a stunned situation into their hellish lair...good night all Smile

I read that if you are sleeping with your toes or fingers hanging over the edge of the bed then the spider can nibble your flesh down to the bone. The teeth are so sharp and fine that you never feel a thing. The only defense is to close your eyes before you turn off the light and sleep under the covers.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
They've been known to grab toes, fingers and other dangly organs while you are walking or working in the yard...you will never get them back...THEY belong to THEM when they go underground! (Actually...you don't really want them back after the Portis Spider has enjoyed having their way with your appendages, it's not pretty...sad...really sad Frown Eek Frown

Dang! Guess I’ll have to put on pants next time I pull weeds. Frown

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
If you look really close you can see its two main eyes peeking out from the lair just before it pounces on the hopper.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
I was so hoping you were a bad speller and a new sports car was out.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post