SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A subject line I never thought I'd type: Kim Kardashian may have found a purpose in this life
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A subject line I never thought I'd type: Kim Kardashian may have found a purpose in this life Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Laugh if you wish, but she is poised to become an advocate for people who have been wrongly incarcerated or have received an overly harsh sentence for their crimes.

I am being completely serious.

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...-bad-say-about-trump

quote:
In the interview on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," Kardashian discussed her visit to the Oval Office, where she successfully convinced Trump to commute the prison sentence of Alice Johnson, a nonviolent drug offender.

"I'm hopeful that more good things are going to come out of our conversations," she said, telling Kimmel she has a list compiled of other incarcerated individuals.

She said she receives a "stack of letters" every day and recently visited a women's detention center.
Despite the odds being overwhelmingly against this woman doing anything useful with her life, she may very well have found her niche.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Good for her. That is a hell of a lot better than many of the idiotic causes other celebrities take up such as Jennifer Lawrence and takes some guts not to be a Trump basher like 98 percent of them.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
My support depends on definitions.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
As long as she's picking the right people to advocate for, more power to her.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Forgive me, but whether or not you support her is of no consequence.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
There is no doubt that there are many inmates that got unfair sentences under mandatory federal guidelines for non-violent crimes. I personally knew of one that Bush pardoned.

Her biggest problem now is that she will be inundated with hundreds, if not thousands of requests for intervention. It's going to a logistical nightmare. I wish her well in her endeavors.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Now, if her husband. . .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
There are a large number of people that are famous simply for being famous. I don't give them the time of day, as I've no time for such stupidity.

But, her, 'Brand', is worth close to $100 Million bucks. You don't get that kind of success by accident. Well, maybe some do.

Anyway, to find a useful skill in society where you otherwise are devoid of any useful skill, is a plus. Others in similar positions have remained useless.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I hear she will provide conjugal visit services.....seems appropriate.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hey, if she can use her fame to fill prisons with people who should actually be there, Good.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Hey, if she can use her fame to fill prisons with people who should actually be there, Good.

That, in conjunction with some great judge appointments from President Trump, will do wonders.

Love saying President Trump! Smile

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't she know - they are all innocent.

Obviously she didn't see Shawshank Redemption.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Forgive me, but whether or not you support her is of no consequence.

Such has been the station of my life in most regards.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And mine as well, being but a poor example of my kind

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Would it be OK if I waited to see some examples of her selections? Given her past judgement in things such as fathers of her children, etc, I don't hold out much hope.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure, Dick. You keep an eye on her and let us know how she does.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Despite the odds being overwhelmingly against this woman doing anything useful with her life, she may very well have found her niche.

Perhaps one can't judge a book by its covers. She and Kanye are wild cards but I'd rather have wild cards playing for "our" side than against us.

Wild cards like her and Kanye can break the paradigm view of the other side. You can see how Kimmel was getting exasperated at the end and was trying to resolve all this in his mind, "Sure you still have people on that list..."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post