SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One of President Trump's Chef's at the White House
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of President Trump's Chef's at the White House Login/Join 
posted
The man is massive. Just HUGE.

He is also a Retired Army Master Sergeant. Thank you for your service Mr Rush.

http://www.businessinsider.com...te-house-chef-2018-6

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Marcellus Wallace finally went legit?

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Can he cure a squashed mouse?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
"Walkin' the mile, walkin' the mile".

I pity the guest that complains @ how his baklava tastes like over-rated dog food.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This meal sucks...I want to talk to the chef!!

<<<Chef Rush walks up to table>>>

Sir, this is the best meal I've ever had, thank you sir!!!

Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Looks like he eats his own cooking. And plenty of it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8942 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude has not missed too many days at the gym.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Dude is HUGE, holy crap! Eek

I saw this on his LinkedIn profile:

Serves as the Sr. Enlisted Aide at West Point (USMA) Superintendent; responsible for the maintenance, operations and accountability of a 16,500 sq foot 1820 historic General Officers quarters(one of the oldest in the military)including priceless museum pieces worth over 12 million dollars. Plan, prepare and services social functions to hundreds of high-ranking foreign and domestic dignitaries, both civilian and military; responsible for the training, performance and welfare of dedicated personal assigned.

From working in the Army around these guys, basically he’s a fancy military butler/party planner/Chef/gopher in that role. These guys get selected and go to Fort Lee, VA for a while to learn the job then get assigned to a General. They plan all these events, oversee the cooks, run errands like picking up the General's dry cleaning, set their uniforms up like all the medals and badges in the right spots, etc. A lot of work and pretty prestigious. Maybe butler is the wrong word for it.

I definitely would NOT be calling this guy a butler to his face...

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Ummmmmm...hoooolllyyyyyy CRAP!!! Chef Rush's arm is as big as my leg!!!!!! Eek

Thank you for your service, MSgt. Rush!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Don't trust a skinny cook.

This thread is getting me intersted in White House cookbooks.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
As my Dad used to say, "that man eats his biscuits!"

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Thought that was Mr Olympia Ronnie Coleman.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
"trained in classical plating, baking, cake decoration"...

Pity the fool who makes fun of that...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
"trained in classical plating, baking, cake decoration"...

Pity the fool who makes fun of that...

That made me giggle. However, I think baking is much more challenging than regular ol' food cooking.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love to cook, Throw small parties. I have been a stay at home dad most of our 21-year marriage. I have heard every house husband joke there is. This Master Sergeant has likely heard far worse. He has excelled at every turn. His list of accomplishments is amazing. I have nothing but admiration.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to imagine all of the work it takes to look like that !! Good for him...he's earned it !

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Maybe butler is the wrong word for it.

Maybe Tac can chime in, but doesn't the UK military have role called "batman" or something like that for their officers? Obviously a higher ranking officer will require more stuff, but the job is the same. Focus on the little stuff so the General can work.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Dude is HUGE, holy crap! Eek

I saw this on his LinkedIn profile:

Serves as the Sr. Enlisted Aide at West Point (USMA) Superintendent; responsible for the maintenance, operations and accountability of a 16,500 sq foot 1820 historic General Officers quarters(one of the oldest in the military)including priceless museum pieces worth over 12 million dollars. Plan, prepare and services social functions to hundreds of high-ranking foreign and domestic dignitaries, both civilian and military; responsible for the training, performance and welfare of dedicated personal assigned.

From working in the Army around these guys, basically he’s a fancy military butler/party planner/Chef/gopher in that role. These guys get selected and go to Fort Lee, VA for a while to learn the job then get assigned to a General. They plan all these events, oversee the cooks, run errands like picking up the General's dry cleaning, set their uniforms up like all the medals and badges in the right spots, etc. A lot of work and pretty prestigious. Maybe butler is the wrong word for it.

Major domo might be a better term for what MSG Rush did in the Army. And no, you do NOT want to cross swords with a general officer's personal aid.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Arm wrestle you for the last piece of pie! Or maybe not....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the ice carving, he probably just pinches shards off with his finger tips.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post