SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What should I expect to pay for a Tacoma?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What should I expect to pay for a Tacoma? Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I drove an 18 yesterday that was 38k

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 2017 SR5 that is fully loaded, quad cab, and short bed for 29,000. It was certified pre-owned with 4300 miles on it. It belonged to the dealership as a loaner and was in near mint condition.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My problem is I am required to get at least a TRD Sport to get a manual, unless I want another 4 cyl truck. I do not.
So my base msrp is like $34k before options, add ons and dealer BS FEES.
That is 1/2 ton territory. My last truck stickered for less than $15k.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Hello, I was in the same boat around Oct'16 when my VW buy-back was confirmed...
Local dealers were pushing trucks on the lot, $$$$'s in options and add-ons I didn't want, Automatics that are a hard-no for me and full sticker + BS dealer fee. When they finally conceded I wouldn't take an automatic they begrudgingly said they would order one (Still with a few options) at full sticker + $500. I walked and was going to buy a Subaru.

Went to Tacomaworld.com... Got some tips and was referred to a fleet/internet sales manager at a dealer 6 hrs away. (This is what you need, a professional who wants to close the sale and get you what you want).

Long story short with a 2 minute phone call and two texts the deal was done. I kept to my word, drove 6 hours there the next day and put down $500. About 7 weeks later I picked up the EXACT truck I wanted and no BS that I didn't.

2017, TRD Off-Road 4x4, DCSB, Quicksand, Manual Trans., Tow Package, All weather mats, sill guards and wheel locks.
(No premium or tech package)

$32,881 Including Freight and Dealer Fee (By my calculations thats ~$500 over invoice)
+ $1,350: 5.15% Virginia Sales Tax, Title and Tags
- $1,000 Toyota Military Rebate
= 33,231 OTD

Posts: 503 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
Sorry, a few more things:
- Stick to your guns on the MT
- You might want to rethink the TRD Sport vs TRD O/R.. They are almost the same price:

- TRD Sport adds:
o 17" rims (Same OD abet stiffer tires)
o Firmer shocks
o Mirrors and rear bumpers painted body color
o Fake hood scoop

- TRD O/R adds:
o 16" rims with Goodyear AT tires (Same actual OD as the sports 17's)
o Bilstein shocks
o Locking Rear Diff (The real deal, not just simulated with brakes and throttle)
o skid plate
o Manuals have A-TRAC

Posts: 503 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post