SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    whats up with Piggy banks?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

whats up with Piggy banks? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Balzé that is excellent. I gotta get my son one of those.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Piggy Banks are culturally insensitive and are a form of micro aggression brought upon by an overbearing sense of white privilige. Today there should be a community bank where all can reap in the benefits of saving, not just those who choose to work and save money. The money saved by the few who earn and work needs to be redistributed amongst all.

What's really sad is there are people that believe what I just typed is reality and should be the norm.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Piggy Banks are culturally insensitive and are a form of micro aggression brought upon by an overbearing sense of white privilige. Today there should be a community bank where all can reap in the benefits of saving, not just those who choose to work and save money. The money saved by the few who earn and work needs to be redistributed amongst all.

What's really sad is there are people that believe what I just typed is reality and should be the norm.

Not the lesson that I was trying to teach my multi-ethnic children. I was teaching them to honor their Scots heritage of frugality and monetary hording against future need. More Adam Smith, than Karl Marx. Wink

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post