SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Would you travel to stand with Our Virginia Brethren?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you travel to stand with Our Virginia Brethren? Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Should this esculate ala Clive Bundy the Nevada rancher.
Would you take up arms and join ranks?

Question:
Should this escalate ala Clive Bundy, the Nevada rancher.
Would you take up arms and join ranks?

Choices:
Yes Damn Right!
No, let them fight their own Battle
Not sure I have to ask my Wife, Husband or Boss

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I'm in, went to school there, I will stand with them.

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Well, the poll results are very surprising considering all the pages about Virginia's tyrannical government plan against the 2A supporting Citizens.
9 yes
1 no
1 needs permission.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm traveling to stand for myself and gun owners all across the country, does that count for anything?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am of the opinion that we, who share a common interest, should stand together.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 251 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I'm traveling to stand for myself and gun owners all across the country, does that count for anything?

I know damn well, YOU were a yes!

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
And I will bring cousins and friends. It's a southern tradition.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm off work that day and would like to go showing support, but it would cost me too much in travel from PA.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
TRIO, I will donate $50 towards gas and snack fund, I am sure one or two others can match, which should cover all costs. Also if we manage to get in a lunch afterwards, lunch is on me.

EDIT: First reply and this one refer to standing with us in current battle, not an insurrection/resistance, should it come to that, I can't afford to fund or fight that directly, but will happily support any efforts against human natural rights.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a very kind offer! My Jeep sucks with MPG.

Perhaps someone between Lehigh County PA and VA wouldn't mind carpooling? Splitting some of the cost and more people present.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Should the conflict get large enough, I'd probably go. When I was younger with a young family of dependents I could not have gone. No one really needs me that much anymore so I could go with little risk to my fam.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
So, where we're y'all in California? Or New York? Or Massachusetts? Or Connecticut? Or Oregon? Or Washington?

Shit, I though Virginia was one of the places it couldn't happen?

How you feeling, Texas? Idaho? Montana?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
So far, 11% vote to let them fight their own battle. The tyrants don't need to divide and conquer. We do the dividing for them. As if imaginary lines on a map actually make a difference in this case. Sad.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
So far, 11% vote to let them fight their own battle. The tyrants don't need to divide and conquer. We do the dividing for them. As if imaginary lines on a map actually make a difference in this case. Sad.

Are you guys thinking realistically about this?

Frankly, I have a lot of sympathy for what is happening in VA. If you think now is the time to "take up arms," and it is at all practical for people to travel great distances to do so, I think there are some key pieces of information you're ignoring.

While the swell of patriotism might feel great, are you actually expecting people to uproot their lives and bring a weapon and ammunition to fight and die in VA? I mean, can we get this done in a weekend guys? I don't have any vacation time. Am I supposed to leave my wife and son, or bring them with me? Will the VA militia reimburse my traveling expenses?

Is it really time to abandon the civic structures of elections and rule of law? How about we wait for the voters of VA to sort it out before we get too excited? If they can't, I recommend smuggly telling them to "just move."

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Arc, the poll was based on the hypothetical: Should the Shit hit the fan would you join Ranks.
No one was talking going as an aggressor, rather a participating defender.
The other thread was calling for attendance at Richmond (1/20) to protest the proposed (and I can assure you they will ramrod them thru) legislation.
I have attended rally after Rally after rally in NJ and those mother fuckers in Trenton couldn't care less what we had to say.
The hearing was merely a procedure and was rubber-stamped immediately after the hearing.
The difference is this is Virginia, Obama's hated Clutcher's of Guns and Bibles.
This may be the Flash Point we pray doesn't occur.
The Governor has threatened all LEO's they will be terminated, pensions lost, should they not abide by any new laws passed.
To Me the battle lines are drawn, already. Hoping the shot heard around the world round II never happens.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Arc, the poll was based on the hypothetical: Should the Shit hit the fan would you join Ranks.
The other thread was calling for attendance at Richmond (1/20) to protest the proposed (and I can assure you they will ramrod them thru) legislation.
I have attended rally after Rally after rally in NJ and those mother fuckers in Trenton couldn't care less what we had to say.
The hearing was merely a procedure and was rubber-stamped immediately after the hearing.
The difference is this is Virginia, Obama's hated Clutcher's of Guns and Bibles.
This may be the Flash Point we pray doesn't occur.
The Governor has threatened all LEO's they will be terminated, pensions lost, should they not abide by any new laws passed.
To Me the battle lines are drawn, already. Hoping the shot heard around the world round II never happens.

I've attended rallies here in "Ohio," and frankly "the difference is this is VA" discounts a lot of good hearted right minded people in "lost" states. What the hell is with that anyway? Fuck you if you live in CA, CT, NJ, NY, WA etc, but come help in VA or it's "sad?" C'mon.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The problem I have with the idea is I've never liked the idea of people coming from out of state to 'cause trouble' over an issue... this of course with an issue I did not agree with..... So, I can see how me coming from S.C. to Virginia in regards to the could be construed as me being a 'trouble maker'

This actually happened after the tragic church shooting in Charleston a few years back... some high profile national folks and followers showed up in Charleston and they were politely told to leave by the black community.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
So, where we're y'all in California? Or New York? Or Massachusetts? Or Connecticut? Or Oregon? Or Washington?
Good questions.
Shit, I though Virginia was one of the places it couldn't happen?
Yeah, me too.
How you feeling, Texas? Idaho? Montana?
No place is immune from tyranny.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
The difference is this is Virginia, ...

Really? How is Virginia different? I mean, yes, it is the historical home of many of our founding fathers... but fighting tyranny is fighting tyranny and it exists in every state across this great land.

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Virginia, at least in spirit. But I cannot vote in Virginia and I do not influence local politics there. If I was a resident I would.

I did just spend 10 days there and helping my bro-in-law with a new house and attending my niece's wedding. He just moved the family from Nokesville (NoVa) to Culpeper to get away from the encroaching leftists invading his home.
However, I can't just jump back in the car and turn around and go back for a rally. It's a 15-hour drive.

If "the Shit hits the fan" I would "join Ranks". However, if it comes to that the fight won't just be in Virginia.

BTW/ I did not vote in the poll because I don't really see how my views fit neatly into any of the three listed categories.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
I've attended rallies here in "Ohio," and frankly "the difference is this is VA" discounts a lot of good hearted right minded people in "lost" states. What the hell is with that anyway? Fuck you if you live in CA, CT, NJ, NY, WA etc, but come help in VA or it's "sad?" C'mon.

Yeah, it's different for about 100,000+ reasons (that's the estimate of turnout for Jan 20th). Show me where there's been a similar response. Do you think maybe this is an opportune time to band together and fight back? Or should we sit around and wait for it to dissipate?

I currently live in NJ. You didn't see me fired up in the forum when we got our latest dose of medicine because there wasn't much opposition against it. We had two rallies in Trenton. I was there for both and the turnout was non existent. I was being realistic. The battle lines will never be drawn in NJ (I'm saying that figuratively, Arc).

It should be obvious that this is a major advance in their mission to eliminate firearm ownership, over time, throughout the whole nation. That's the overall objective; you know it and I know it. It doesn't matter where your house is on the map. So, what do you intend to do about it?

Understand something. I don't need to do a goddamn thing. I don't have kids. Whatever's in my safe now will still be there the day I drop dead. They're not going to confiscate firearms en masse so this pretend red-line that people imagine is just an excuse to sit on their ass and wait.

This is important to me because I consider the 2A to be the foundation of every other right we supposedly have. It should have been the 1A because without it, we're all relying on the benevolence of these shit heels in government.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post