SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Would you travel to stand with Our Virginia Brethren?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you travel to stand with Our Virginia Brethren? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karpteach:
It’s to late for Virginia. Once they allowed DeminRats in the state house it’s over. We in NY rallied and fought and we still got the most restrictive Gun laws in the nation. The Libs get off on their tyrannical ways. Americans beware of what’s coming to your state. Florida, Texas South Carolina and North Carolina are barely hanging by a Republican thread.

No, it isn’t. They need to get off their butts and get organized. Go to rallies, contact representatives, vote. Gun owners in VA need to be united. The black rifle guys need to make sure the cowboys and the deer hunters stay in the fight. The VA legislature is still in play. This nonsense can be defeated. I’m fucked in CA and only the judges can save me but VA still has a chance.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s to late for Virginia. Once they allowed DeminRats in the state house it’s over. We in NY rallied and fought and we still got the most restrictive Gun laws in the nation. The Libs get off on their tyrannical ways. Americans beware of what’s coming to your state. Florida, Texas South Carolina and North Carolina are barely hanging by a Republican thread.

The left might get off on being junior jackboots, but some of you seem to revel in being defeatist Debbie downers.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Virginia.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liberals are like the

Uh oh, they got him.

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Liberals are like the

Uh oh, they got him.

I live in the Shitehole of NY. It’s very possible. I was going on a rant. My wife stopped me.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Best of luck Virginia.

Karpteach enough. One comment of this nature was plenty.

The idea that VA is "lost," or any other state for that matter, is of no help to the members who live there. It's also simply not true.

By believing it so, how do you expect to overcome it? This is rhetorical, I'm not interested in your dour perspective.

People who do not live in "free states," or people who are grappling with a state that might become one, need support and encouragement. They also need some realism, but that is why I've been after this "stand and fight" business, there may well come a time for that, lets not be too eager to get there.

This fatalism is a poison, similar to telling people in CA and elsewhere to "just move." It is divisive, and demoralizing. You guys need to adopt a more positive outlook on these things or you'll defeat yourselves long before any shots are fired.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Being negative isn't going to help, being realistic will. Is it time to load the guns and march on the capitol shooting anybody that stands in your way? No. So the situation must be completely hopeless, a lost cause, pack your shit and move to Idaho? Also no.

If this can be pushed back legally, through the courts, that will be a great victory, I think, in places like New York, and Massachusetts, California, and even here in Washington state. Precedent can be set, these laws can be overturned in the places they've already taken root. It's a far better outcome than running, or shooting, in my opinion.

quote:

Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
The same thing will be happening here in Illinois. The new legislative session begins this month. Based on what they were floating around last year, we're in for some fun.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
This fatalism is a poison, similar to telling people in CA and elsewhere to "just move." It is divisive, and demoralizing. You guys need to adopt a more positive outlook on these things or you'll defeat yourselves long before any shots are fired.

Where was this concern when members of this very forum dumped on those of us from ban states with cat calls to move, and accusations that we were stupid or even worse compliant in supporting ban states by continuing to pay taxes to the 'machine' that enslaves us? I've had members of this forum lecture me on how I'm obviously to blame for the woes of NY, when our kind is outnumbered almost three to one in registered voters. I fought the good fight, now it's Virginia's turn. Good luck with all that, but excuse me while I experience a brief moment of schadenfreude

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Yes it seems everyone's metal will be tested in this. That's ok. Testing often shows true colors.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in Virginia, they already appear to be backing off of the assault weapons and limited magazine capacity BS. This due in no small part to efforts by the Virginia Citizens Defense League to enlist over 100 counties and towns to declare as 2nd Amendment Sanctuaries. We appear to be heading for expanded background checks and a one gun a month restriction, the latter we have had before we no effect on crime. What's that definition of insanity, repeating the same ineffective policy and expecting different results?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
1. This thread was meant as a hypothetical

2 Try reading the proposed legislation. It is pretty mmuch what has been tried before.

3. That insanity theory was postulated by Einstein. There are certainly other definitions for it

This post , in its entirety, was meant in a completely positive manner.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Here in Virginia, they already appear to be backing off of the assault weapons and limited magazine capacity BS. This due in no small part to efforts by the Virginia Citizens Defense League to enlist over 100 counties and towns to declare as 2nd Amendment Sanctuaries. We appear to be heading for expanded background checks and a one gun a month restriction, the latter we have had before we no effect on crime. What's that definition of insanity, repeating the same ineffective policy and expecting different results?

I figure the expanded background checks and one gun a month will pass. I hope the red flag law doesn't. Evidently several procedural mistakes were made yesterday but the Dems forged ahead. They even promised one senator who couldn't be there that there would be no vote yesterday on gun legislation and then proceeded anyway.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

Where was this concern when members of this very forum dumped on those of us from ban states with cat calls to move, and accusations that we were stupid or even worse compliant in supporting ban states by continuing to pay taxes to the 'machine' that enslaves us? I've had members of this forum lecture me on how I'm obviously to blame for the woes of NY, when our kind is outnumbered almost three to one in registered voters. I fought the good fight, now it's Virginia's turn. Good luck with all that, but excuse me while I experience a brief moment of schadenfreude

Telling someone to “just move” is never a helpful response. But, truthfully, what did you guys in NY do when they shoved the SAFE Act down your throat? Nothing. What did we in NJ do when we got hit with the latest kick in our balls? Nothing. So, what was there for people outside our area to get behind? Nothing.

The people of Virginia claim that they're different. So far, they're proving that they are.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Pessimist, back off.

Sgt. Gold, I live in a ban state myself. I've spent plenty of time calling out said behavior. It has not been ignored.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Cripes,Arcwelder. What are we doing to upset you so much.??

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
Telling someone to “just move” is never a helpful response. But, truthfully, what did you guys in NY do when they shoved the SAFE Act down your throat? Nothing. What did we in NJ do when we got hit with the latest kick in our balls? Nothing. So, what was there for people outside our area to get behind? Nothing.

The people of Virginia claim that they're different. So far, they're proving that they are.

In NY 52 out of 62 counties adoped resolutions calling the SAFE Act unconstitutional or unlawful. We put 10,000 protesters on the capitol lawn. In the end they estimate there are one million AW's in NY state, and they got 24k people to register just under 50k rifles. No, we didn't win, but we tried. That was the cost of losing an election.

VA is now in the same situation. The big difference is they have democrats that say they're pro gun. We're about to find out.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:

In NY 52 out of 62 counties adoped resolutions calling the SAFE Act unconstitutional or unlawful. We put 10,000 protesters on the capitol lawn. In the end they estimate there are one million AW's in NY state, and they got 24k people to register just under 50k rifles. No, we didn't win, but we tried. That was the cost of losing an election.

VA is now in the same situation. The big difference is they have democrats that say they're pro gun. We're about to find out.

Here's The HUGE difference, unklike NY. The LEOS are supporting the VCDL, and that, my friend means everything!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s to late for Virginia.

Did we give up, when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor... ?

No. NO, it's not!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
quote:
It’s to late for Virginia.

Did we give up, when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor... ?
Wut? Confused

ETA - I get it now.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post