SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Would you travel to stand with Our Virginia Brethren?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you travel to stand with Our Virginia Brethren? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
I've attended rallies here in "Ohio," and frankly "the difference is this is VA" discounts a lot of good hearted right minded people in "lost" states. What the hell is with that anyway? Fuck you if you live in CA, CT, NJ, NY, WA etc, but come help in VA or it's "sad?" C'mon.

Yeah, it's different for about 100,000+ reasons (that's the estimate of turnout for Jan 20th). Show me where there's been a similar response. Do you think maybe this is an opportune time to band together and fight back? Or should we sit around and wait for it to dissipate?

I currently live in NJ. You didn't see me fired up in the forum when we got our latest dose of medicine because there wasn't much opposition against it. We had two rallies in Trenton. I was there for both and the turnout was non existent. I was being realistic. The battle lines will never be drawn in NJ (I'm saying that figuratively, Arc).

It should be obvious that this is a major advance in their mission to eliminate firearm ownership, over time, throughout the whole nation. That's the overall objective; you know it and I know it. It doesn't matter where your house is on the map. So, what do you intend to do about it?

Understand something. I don't need to do a goddamn thing. I don't have kids. Whatever's in my safe now will still be there the day I drop dead. They're not going to confiscate firearms en masse so this pretend red-line that people imagine is just an excuse to sit on their ass and wait.

This is important to me because I consider the 2A to be the foundation of every other right we supposedly have. It should have been the 1A because without it, we're all relying on the benevolence of these shit heels in government.

Ok, so, it's not different. But you have a semi, so it's different.

Listen up. You single guys do what you like.

When "SHTF," the rest of us will defend our families. Also, it is worth noting that those of us "behind enemy lines" will be newly minted warlords..

This thread is built on fanciful dick waving, with well meaning but testosterone fueled roots.

Not for nothing, but do the the boys(and girls) in VA really need outside help when it comes to a gunfight?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not for nothing, but do the the boys(and girls) in VA really need outside help when it comes to a gunfight?

Nope. This is VA, everyone (outside my area) is armed to the theeth. If it ever came to that, we'll be alright.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First comes litigation. It’s followed by more litigation. Then even more litigation. And we end up with a last bit of litigation. In the intervening years there are elections where voters who grew complacent about their freedoms have the chance to band together, without firing shots, and elect representatives who can moot the litigation. If that doesn’t work then it’s back to litigation. If the lawyers in VA ultimately fail, and this fantasy/nightmare comes to pass, it means folks like me in CA, who have been told to “just move somewhere else” for decades, will be just as fucked if not earlier and harder than our compatriots in VA. We’ll be too busy or too imprisoned or too dead to get to VA. Thinking about lawyers filing endless briefs is a lot less sexy than imagining go time but it’s reality. No flexing Johnny BadAss locked and loaded against tyranny, just some smart folks with briefcases. Kick VCDL and SAF and NRA-ILA and others some coin. They’re putting in actual work.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

I'm not usually a great fan of "Tons-O-Litigation," but on this one, frankly, I hope there's enough litigation to put a giant cork in the Dems' plan and to bring about the series of events berto describes... particularly the part about complacent voters getting their doo-doo together.

And yes, now is the time to support VCDL, NRA-ILA, GOA, and the others -- they're the ones we're going to have to rely on daily in the coming weeks and months.

- - - - - - -

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
TRIO, I will donate $50 towards gas and snack fund, I am sure one or two others can match, which should cover all costs. Also if we manage to get in a lunch afterwards, lunch is on me.

If it helps, I'll mail another $50 to Skins for the get-Trio-to-Virginia fund.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

There's not going to be any boogie nights or bungalows or whatever that term is. It's a long game, we need to dig in and prepare for a prolonged entrenchment. I just pray 2021 will see a massive boomerang effect based on people finally waking up. Your vote, your action counts, don't give up, even in the face of an insurmountable opponent. We will win in the end.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Your vote, your action counts, don't give up, even in the face of an insurmountable opponent. We will win in the end.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Excuse me, Arc sir, but what in the world happened to your anti negative post rule? This was started as a hypothetical and you are attacking those who say they would go.
I am sure you know what combat is like and can recall the horrors of it. If this is your point, then I withdraw the question since you are trying to protect others from the awful things that could happen when people shoot at each other. Be well and be safe.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Excuse me, Arc sir, but what in the world happened to your anti negative post rule? This was started as a hypothetical and you are attacking those who say they would go.
I am sure you know what combat is like and can recall the horrors of it. If this is your point, then I withdraw the question since you are trying to protect others from the awful things that could happen when people shoot at each other. Be well and be safe.

There's a difference between shitting on a thread, and bringing some reality to it.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but the reality is it's likely not going to progress to shooting it out with the cops, and if it does it's a ways off.

Right now, this is masturbation, talk of taking up arms, and joining some insurgency in Virginia. It really is, it's fun to discuss, I love a good what-if scenario. But lets be plain here, it's just jerking off. Maybe things go pear shaped real quick, and the shooting starts next week, but I'm willing to bet it's gonna go to the courts and it'll end favorably there, or the authors of these new laws are gonna be out of a job soon, and the people who replace them will fix the mess.

If none of that happens, then we can talk serious about which Hawaiian shirt to wear to the big luau.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Virginians voted these fools in and it's up to Virginians to vote them out.
I suspect many were asleep at the switch at voting time, didn't believe this would happen, and hopefully won't be during the next round.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
220-9er:
The thing about jerking off is that you meet an agreeable and high class group of people.
Was the fun of this thread threatening you in some way?
Don't most hypotheticals start out as jerking off.
Arc is a really bright and articulate guy. He is more than capable of showing me the errors of my ways.
Thank you.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
220-9er:
The thing about jerking off is that you meet an agreeable and high class group of people.
Arc is a really bright and articulate guy. He is more than capable of showing me the errors of my ways.
Thank you.

????
A little early to start drinking.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
There is one very significant difference in what is happening in VA; The actual County governments-almost all of them-are telling the VA State government to basically go fuck itself where new gun laws are concerned.

They are passing legislation, and taking a stand against gun rights encroachment unlike anything I've ever seen.

ASG asked where everyone was when CA, NY, NJ, WA, OR, etc. was passing their infringing bullshit.

So let me ask this in return; is there now, or was there ever, even a single County in any of those states following the VA lead? Did a single County Commissioner, Sheriff or County Attorney say "no, we won't enforce these new, unconstitutional restrictions"? Are there today, any Sheriff's ordering their troops not to arrest, or County Attorney's refusing to prosecute citizen's being charged under the new, restrictive gun laws?

No, I agree with Arc and ASG, it's probably not going to come to shooting anytime soon, if at all. And we will see how VA plays out over the coming months (and probably years) in court rooms and legislative halls.

But just for the sake of discussion, let's say it does go pear-shaped next week. I think people would be far more likely to up-root and go fight in/for a state like VA. with what they are doing, than go to a state like CA, or even OR, or WA, when to this day they have still done nothing.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, it appears that I need to read better before I respond to a post.

I was reading other threads about VA changing gun laws. I seriously thought this was asking about showing up someplace to voice disagreement with current direction of lawmakers. You know, like support of 2A rights.

I missed the one in Harrisburg PA last year.

If it ever comes to a rebellion of some sort, my hope is that each state can muster up for themselves.

Sorry folks for the misunderstanding.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
220-9er:
Thank you.

????
A little early to start drinking.

The Sun's over the yardarm somewhere, but I think he's talking to me.

Anyhow, no, to answer mrmn50's question, the thread, nor it's contents threatened me, nor did they offend me, and I doubt they did that to arc. Simply stating my opinion on the matter, because that is part of the discussion, isn't it? It's a thread asking who's going to take up arms and march to Virginia, with options in the polls to opt out for various reasons.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:

You read this whole thread, and think it applies here? I doubt that. It looks like you're trying to be confrontational. Calm down, and if you can't then stay out of the thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
There is one very significant difference in what is happening in VA; The actual County governments-almost all of them-are telling the VA State government to basically go fuck itself where new gun laws are concerned.

They are passing legislation, and taking a stand against gun rights encroachment unlike anything I've ever seen.

ASG asked where everyone was when CA, NY, NJ, WA, OR, etc. was passing their infringing bullshit.

So let me ask this in return; is there now, or was there ever, even a single County in any of those states following the VA lead? Did a single County Commissioner, Sheriff or County Attorney say "no, we won't enforce these new, unconstitutional restrictions"? Are there today, any Sheriff's ordering their troops not to arrest, or County Attorney's refusing to prosecute citizen's being charged under the new, restrictive gun laws?

No, I agree with Arc and ASG, it's probably not going to come to shooting anytime soon, if at all. And we will see how VA plays out over the coming months (and probably years) in court rooms and legislative halls.

But just for the sake of discussion, let's say it does go pear-shaped next week. I think people would be far more likely to up-root and go fight in/for a state like VA. with what they are doing, than go to a state like CA, or even OR, or WA, when to this day they have still done nothing.

Over a matter of a lot less consequence, people from all over and came (armed) to Clive bundy's aid.
Which was prefaced in the statement of the poll.
For anyone to call people names from other states is silly. NO gun owners wanted those laws imposed on them. They were simply outnumbered at the polls. As for Virginaia (NoVa) was due in most part to Obama's mass expansion of the federal Gov. to stem his pisspoor results in the job market.
Those new hires needed ONE qualification....are you a democrat voter.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:

Over a matter of a lot less consequence, people from all over and came (armed) to Clive bundy's aid.
For anyone to call people names from other states is silly. NO gun owners wanted those laws imposed on them. They were simply outnumbered at the polls. As for Virginaia (NoVa) was due in most part to Obama's mass expansion of the federal Gov. to stem his pisspoor results in the job market.

The Bunkerville standoff was a completely different situation with completely different factors driving the situation. It's not really a valid comparison.

Nowhere in my post above did I call anyone names or refer to anybody in even remotely derogatory or insulting term(s), nor did I ever say, much less imply that the average, law-abiding, gun-owning citizen in any way wished for or supported the restrictions.

ASG asked a valid question. I posted a response to that question based on what I know from general, publicly available sources, including this and the other VA (sanctuary counties) thread.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:

The Bunkerville standoff was a completely different situation with completely different factors driving the situation. It's not really a valid comparison.

Nowhere in my post above did I call anyone names or refer to anybody in even remotely derogatory or insulting term(s), nor did I ever say, much less imply that the average, law-abiding, gun-owning citizen in any way wished for or supported the restrictions.

ASG asked a valid question. I posted a response to that question based on what I know from general, publicly available sources, including this and the other VA (sanctuary counties) thread.

No, you didn't, I quoted you in error. My apologies.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
DISCLAIMERI haven't read the entire thread, but I have skimmed most of it. I also haven't ever been in a battle or gun fight so this comment might seem odd./DISCLAIMER

It seems easy to be ready to rush into a battle (gun fight) especially when the cause seems so nobel. Chances are, when you're really in the middle of a battle (gun fight), it's the last place you desire to be.

The thumping of chests by the apes is an effort to avoid the fight not rush into it. Be very careful what you wish for or desire because it just might be that when you finally get it you won't really want or enjoy it.

As for masturbation, it's great and feels good, but you're alone doing it. The goal should be sex with another....

Wink

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
quote:

You read this whole thread, and think it applies here? I doubt that. It looks like you're trying to be confrontational. Calm down, and if you can't then stay out of the thread.

okay.