SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Would you travel to stand with Our Virginia Brethren?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you travel to stand with Our Virginia Brethren? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a movie reference, Rhino.

Gentlemen, I don't want to see any defeatist talk in this thread. As a matter of fact, I don't want to see such lamentations and rushes to surrender in any thread in this entire forum.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Gentlemen, I don't want to see any defeatist talk in this thread. As a matter of fact, I don't want to see such lamentations and rushes to surrender in any thread in this entire forum.

Amen!

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Thank you Parabellum for defining what the communication SNAFU with me and maybe others.
I thought this was about being negative. But, I see now that the real problem was defeatism.
If Arcwelder was getting upset because he saw as defeatism what some of us were looking at as all levels of being aggressive and passionate in defending what could be seen as a defeatist point of view.
I get it, thanks. Be well Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The turdbucket governor today issued a "temporary emergency" proclamation forbidding the carrying of any sort of arms on the Virginia Capitol grounds on Lobby Day.

Citing "credible threats" but not specifying them, Governor Coonface issued the ban out of fear.

Here's news for you Ralphie: The only "credible threat" emanates from your office and the backrooms where you accept Bloomberg's dirty money.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
The only "credible threat" emanates from your office and the backrooms where you accept Bloomberg's dirty money.

Boom.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
220-9er:
The thing about jerking off is that you meet an agreeable and high class group of people.
Was the fun of this thread threatening you in some way?
Don't most hypotheticals start out as jerking off.
Arc is a really bright and articulate guy. He is more than capable of showing me the errors of my ways.
Thank you.

????
A little early to start drinking.

Yes, I replied to something you did not say. My moron chip was the cause of my replying to the wrong person. I was an idjit. Be well

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you Parabellum for defining what the communication SNAFU with me and maybe others.
I thought this was about being negative. But, I see now that the real problem was defeatism.
If Arcwelder was getting upset because he saw as defeatism what some of us were looking at as all levels of being aggressive and passionate in defending what could be seen as a defeatist point of view.

I was not then, nor am I now upset. When I have to sometimes tell one member to back off from another, that's part of what I do around here. It's ridiculous for you to step into that with "Arc's upset." I'll let people know when I'm upset. You need to drop it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
quote:

I was not then, nor am I now upset. When I have to sometimes tell one member to back off from another, that's part of what I do around here. It's ridiculous for you to step into that with "Arc's upset." I'll let people know when I'm upset. You need to drop it.

Jaworl Mein Hauptman.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
On the 20th I stand with my countrymen in spirit but if it were possible I'd be shoulder to shoulder with them.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well I can’t be there but since we are all Virginians I did send money in hopes of helping in some way.

Give em hell.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I can't be there but my hope is that everyone who attends has a safe day and that they send a strong message to those that wish to oppress them (US).

If you can make them back down it will be a HUGE win not just for VA but for all of us.

And if not, well...I for one will feel somewhat better about plan B...or is it C
<<said while stirring cauldron of tar>> Wink

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jaworl Mein Hauptman.
C'mon man! Don't go half Godwin, go full Godwin if you're gonna' go at all.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ammoland has an interesting article....

Virginia Governor set trap
-(Ammoland.com)- Second Amendment supporters face a daunting challenge in Virginia for Lobby day, at the Virginia Capitol in Richmond, on 20 January 2020. Those who wish to disarm Virginians have created a trap to frame Second Amendment Supporters as violent white supremacists, going to Richmond to destroy duly elected government.

Please all be very careful out there. God knows what will happen.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jaworl Mein Hauptman.

This is unnecessary, and you're making yourself look ridiculous. Just do as I ask.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jaworl Mein Hauptman.
What is this crap? That's uncalled for. When you speak to a staff member in this forum, you're speaking to me. I suggest you keep that in mind, because you know that I'll put up with this "Nazi" shit for about three seconds. Behave yourself. Absolutely uncalled for, and very insulting, not to mention it being a tired old copout.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Jaworl Mein Hauptman.
What is this crap? That's uncalled for. When you speak to a staff member in this forum, you're speaking to me. I suggest you keep that in mind, because you know that I'll put up with this "Nazi" shit for about three seconds. Behave yourself. Absolutely uncalled for, and very insulting, not to mention it being a tired old copout.

In my wildest dreams ,I never even thought of it implying anything about Nazis. Just saying, "yes sir".

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my wildest dreams ,I never even thought of it implying anything about Nazis. Just saying, "yes sir".

You chose an unusually specific time for spontaneous German. Perhaps this is not a good time to be clever.

Arc.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm very confident mrmn50 meant no harm nor harshness, and nothing to do with Nazis.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Vthoky, no other input is needed. It certainly doesn't help simply moving past the issue. No further comment is necessary on the matter.

Arc.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Let's move on, then.

God bless America.