SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Designs that have withstood the ultimate test...time
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Designs that have withstood the ultimate test...time Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
For those of us here who love woodworking, the dovetail joint. It's been cut by hand or by machine forever, and likely always will be one of the cornerstones of fine custom creations. And if you really wanna get into it, inlayed dovetails are gorgeous. . . .

I have built almost all the cabinetry in our house. All of the drawers are dovetail front and back. This is the first time I have seen inlay dovetails.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
toilet paper. . . .

Never thought of that. I wonder what they used before toilet paper.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Levis straight leg jeans

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Belt buckles?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buck 110 knife; first came out in 1963!

Posts: 306 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
The Winchester Model 94

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
The 1911 pistol chambered in .45ACP!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Ballpoint pen.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nails

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Colt SAA (1873)

Martin D28 (1931)

...and I have both Cool

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Gunpowder.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The double triangle bicycle frame. (+/- 1893)

Goodyear Welt boot construction. (1869)

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The Tele and the Strat

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Can you think of a design that has withstood the ultimate test of time virtually unchanged?

Do you own something that you use daily that was originally manufactured in the 1950’s, 60’s or 70’s that is still being manufactured today? If so what is it?

Horse shoe.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh, Preparation H Applicator?

Posts: 1625 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Q-tip/cotton swab

Plastic toothbrush

Color television

Mechanical pencil

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
the chisel

Flint ancestors of the present-day chisel existed as far back as 8000 bc; the Egyptians used copper and later bronze chisels to work both wood and soft stone. Chisels today are made of steel, in various sizes and degrees of hardness, depending on use.

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southern Rebel:

I have a digital one.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
Originally posted by Southern Rebel:

I have a digital one.

No offense intended, but if we ever meet I’m NOT shaking your hand Big Grin

Posts: 3112 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post