SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paul Lynde, Hollywood Squares
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul Lynde, Hollywood Squares Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
From the 1970s. This is one game show I always watched when I could, and it was because of Paul Lynde.

"Paul, a friend wants to give you a French 75. What is that?"

"Well, that's 25 more than last time."
_____

"Paul, how many men on a hockey team?"

"About half."

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
He was hysterical and that's a fact jack. I loved watching him.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I loved watching him on Bewitched as well...just a funny, funny guy.

quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
He was hysterical and that's a fact jack. I loved watching him.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Fond memories!

Me and my Dad used to cry laughing watching him.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
He almost killed Buddy Hackett! Big Grin

I always liked Charles Nelson Reilley on Match Game, too. A total cut-up as well.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Buddy Hackett- now there was a funny man.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I always liked Charles Nelson Reilley on Match Game, too. A total cut-up as well.

Yep. He was always fun to watch. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They don't make 'em like those guys anymore...

I have a beach movie DVD (For Those Who Think Young) with Paul in it. He and Bob Denver were big scene stealers, in a good way. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I definitely remember mom, my brother, and me laughing at Mr. Lynde, though I was young enough to not get half his insinuating jokes. Glad I was able to enjoy them when I got older and "wiser"... Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
That's some funny stuff! I remember watching those old shows and my father laughing like crazy, I was young and asked him to explain and my mom just said someday you'll understand!

Great post to break up the afternoon with some laughter, we need more posts like this

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought the set of Bewitched DVDs for our grand daughters to watch when they come over. Paul Lynde's character (Uncle Arthur) was funny as hell.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Another comic genius- Jonathan Winters

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Buddy Hackett- now there was a funny man.

Looks like Buddy told a joke Johnny didn't know!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Lynde was great, but I'm more of a Redd Foxx fan.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
Lynde was great, but I'm more of a Redd Foxx fan.
Here's a Red Foxx joke:

A man goes to a whorehouse. He's got both legs and both arms in casts.

"What do you want??" asks the Madame.

The man says "I rang the bell, didn't I?"
_____

And then there's this:

Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para. Never seen that clip before. By the end of his life he was piss poor, and owed the IRS for a bunch of $$$$. Apparently he had the network pay him in cash for his Sandord & Son work thinking he would be able to skirt taxes. Stupidly he didnt realize that it was all reported and he was liable for the tax on that income. Great entertainer either way imho, albeit a bit misguided.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Paul Lynde - Question: Why do bikers wear leather? Answer: Because chiffon wrinkles.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Watched Paul Lynde give an answer. The girl was uncertain and hesitated. Lynde says "Trust me." She did, he lied. Yes, the fine print said the stars could deceive.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just watched a bunch of his Hollywood Squares clips last week. He was great.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post