SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AC/DC Thunderstruck played on the cello
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AC/DC Thunderstruck played on the cello Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
Very awesome!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That does not get old. Thanks for reminding me to watch it!

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Best thing I've seen this morning. Thanks.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That video ages very well. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
A number of years ago I was part of a (now disbanded) A-10 forum. We were given the opportunity to title Dru Blair's A-10 piece. "Thunderstuck" won. I have a personalized signed proof.
https://www.drublair.com/produ...ck-original-painting

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
My kids love, LOVE, watching 2CELLOS videos. Those two have done something incredible with their talent, IMO.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Saw them live in DFW - great show!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is cool. There are a few people/groups that redo that song,pretty amazing stuff. Now that is talent.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
When I first saw this post earlier today I just skipped over it....then I had a minute just now and decided to see what it was all about.

I’m so glad I did. This is amazing! Thanks OP.

Here is another one that I found enjoyable...

https://youtu.be/jNziABZJhj0

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
When I first saw this post earlier today I just skipped over it....then I had a minute just now and decided to see what it was all about.

I’m so glad I did. This is amazing! Thanks OP.
+1

Also, when the video began I was thinking to myself that there is no way they can pull off Thunderstruck without drums. They proved me wrong.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Had not seen that before! Awesome. Smile

Looks like AC/DC is a bit hard on cello bowstrings.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I kept waiting for people to start holding up lit candles.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
There is a whole sub-genre of rock/metal music played primarily with cellos. Most of the bands are European/Scandinavian.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I saw them live in concert as well. Very good show.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Saw one of their videos some time ago and had forgotten how much I enjoyed them. Thanks for posting and refreshing my aging memory! Big Grin

And yes, smlsig, that rendition of the U2 classic was fantastic!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have a lot YouTube videos . They are incredible .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about the same song on the electrified acoustic slide guitar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJGdRQ1NqM

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talent galore. A bit of Whole Lotta Love

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8yymm3DtVA

Maybe a bit of Smooth Criminal?

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGKqkwarK2o

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
WOW! Just WOW! Here I thought YoYo Ma was my favorite cellist...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
In the OP's video, beginning at 2:30, there's the sound of a THIRD cellist. Eek

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post