SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A 13 Year-Old Kid Is Running for Governor of Vermont
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
A 13 Year-Old Kid Is Running for Governor of Vermont Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Something tells me if this 13 year old was pro Second Amendment and not pushing gun bans we would have never heard about him.
I'm sure you are right. We have age requirements for many federal offices, and they don't seem adequate some of the time.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
It's a sad state of affairs, but the way things are these days I can't always pick out the sattire. Is this the real deal or an April Fools joke? I honestly hope they got me.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Report This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I didnt know Jallen did April fool's articles.

IF this isnt, if you dont vote, or have the right to own a firearm, you dont get the right to run for office, because you damn sure aint telling me how to live my life. #NotmyGovernor. (this is how you protest right?)

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
His interest in politics turned into action in middle school, when he led a peaceful protest against a school ban on talking during his lunch periods. He and his friends held signs and refused to eat until administrators lifted the ban."
If that doesn't prepare you for the office of governor, what does? Roll Eyes

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
He and his friends held signs and refused to eat until administrators lifted the ban."

Well him and his friends would have been very hungry by the end of the day. Missing a few meals might be good for him.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
He and his friends held signs and refused to eat until administrators lifted the ban."

Well him and his friends would have been very hungry by the end of the day. Missing a few meals might be good for him.
I agree with the latter statement. I won't say how I came to that conclusion to avoid having the thread locked.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post