SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OK , Ice Cream, tell me you are at least protecting your Ice Cream
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK , Ice Cream, tell me you are at least protecting your Ice Cream Login/Join 
posted
Frost on Ice Cream is a horrible thing to have to deal with.

If after you scoop out the Ice Cream , you place a large piece of saran wrap over the top and use the Ice cream scoop handle to tamp the wrap on to the top of the Ice Cream, it will displace the air that causes the frost.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I use the freezer gallon ziploc slider bags to store Breyers ice cream cartons - they fit perfectly, never any frost.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We suppose this is good advice for some, but at our house life expectancy for a half gallon carton of ice cream is short. Generally a carton of ice cream seldom lasts long enough to frost.

As an aside, we consider Blue Bell brand ice cream to quite simply be the best ice cream money can buy. Those of you who have sampled the wares from "the little creamery in Brenham" know wherefore we speak.

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Same here. I also buy Blue Bell, but typically only in the pint size, which I eat in 2 sittings.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I don’t really crave ice cream. I rarely eat it from the carton. At home I might have an ice cream sandwich if I stumble across it but other than that it’s just an occasional DQ one on a summer day.

My wife likes it out of the carton though. I don’t think it gets freezer burn.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean they aren't single serve containers?
Opppps.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
This message brought to you from Bendable, The Man from Glad.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Okay, but what do you use to protect your Saran Wrap?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
How long does it take for ice to form on top of the ice cream....I personally have no idea Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wetrudgeon:
We suppose this is good advice for some, but at our house life expectancy for a half gallon carton of ice cream is short.
< snip >

I live alone and the life expectancy of half gallon of ice cream is measured in minutes.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wetrudgeon:
We suppose this is good advice for some, but at our house life expectancy for a half gallon carton of ice cream is short. Generally a carton of ice cream seldom lasts long enough to frost.

As an aside, we consider Blue Bell brand ice cream to quite simply be the best ice cream money can buy. Those of you who have sampled the wares from "the little creamery in Brenham" know wherefore we speak.

We trudge on.

Agree on both counts !!!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Me and my daughters all hide our ice cream purchases from each other. bury it under piles of frozen veggies or wrap it in some kind of paper or box... Can't remember it ever frosting over...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I just eat the frost. I know.. I'm a heretic.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I just eat the frost. I know.. I'm a heretic.

I generally eat the container too.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
You mean they aren't single serve containers?
Opppps.

^^^This. Especially Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia. Remove top, throw away. Grab soup spoon.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Based on history - I kinda expected pictures of ice-cream with all manner of guns and knives layed beside it "for protection."

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Buy better ice cream and the problem won't be as likely to occur. Less water content.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Is your ice cream scooper also in a sammich baggie, for protection?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No protection results in this...

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post