SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a battery powered push mower? Looking at Ryobi but looking for all opinions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a battery powered push mower? Looking at Ryobi but looking for all opinions Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I have the Ego 21 inch 56 volt model and it is going on its third year. I absolutely love it: nice not getting gas fumes and exhaust in the face and it has an excellent bagging system. My yard takes about an hour and 15 minutes and I still have plenty of charge left.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Another Ryobi fan, would buy again without hesitation.

Mine is going on 6 years old and never had a problem. Kinda wish it would quit so I could buy the higher end model but it has other plans.

As if the Gods heard my plea, my Ryobi mower gave up the ghost yesterday.

Almost went for another one but after some internet research I decided to give the Ego 56v self propelled model a try. Reviews state it has a very good record, and I should be able to do front and backyard both on a single charge of the 7.5Ah battery instead of having to swap to a second battery as I’ve had to do with the Ryobi.

Snagged some good deals at Home Depot on a whole set of 56v gear:

Mower with 7.5Ah battery for $549-$50 on sale $499, $449 after veteran discount
Backpack blower with 5Ah battery for $259-$30 on sale $229, $206 after discount
Weed eater for $229-$30 on sale $199, $179 after discount

Now I just have to wait for the grass to grow to try it out!

Initially the mower wouldn’t accept the veteran discount, but I winked at the checker and she did a manual override/discount for me. Also got $25 off for opening an HD credit card.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I was reading Consumer Reports on this less than an hour ago.
Top rated are the EGO 56-volt machines.
They sell on Amazon for a lot less than at Home Depot; looks like free shipping but may take a couple of weeks.
You pay more for a self-propelled model, of course.
Price on Amazon is <$300 currently for an EGO 21 inch push (not self-propelled) 56-V mower with IIRC 4 aHr battery.

Better owner satisfaction than Ryobi.

We’re looking at one for my daughter’s place, potentially also my sister’s. Hi, Sis!

Home Depot same price as Amazon for the self propelled mower w/7.5Ah battery, $499 vs $498.

HD considerably cheaper than Amazon for Backpack blower w/5Ah battery, $229 vs $360

HD considerably cheaper than Amazon for weed eater with CF shaft and 2.5Ah battery, $199 vs $248

Listed HD prices are before any veteran discounts...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post