SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yankees and Flyers Will Stop Playing Kate Smith After Discovering Racist Songs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yankees and Flyers Will Stop Playing Kate Smith After Discovering Racist Songs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Something tells me the fans are going to sing this anyway !!!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
An historic Episcopal parish where George Washington frequently worshiped has decided to remove a memorial plaque honoring the nation’s first president, saying the decision was out of a desire to provide a “welcoming” worship space for all visitors. The church will also remove a similar memorial plague honoring Robert E. Lee, the commander of Confederate Army of Northern Virginia. Read more at the link if you like, but I don't recommend it.

Unfortunately this will not end anytime soon unless someone puts a stop to it.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
There was overt racism in the '30s? Who knew?

Wait for a bit. The progressives are working on a solution for that.

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Putting a trash bag over her statue is moronic.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Well, that's what you'd expect from a bunch of fucking morons.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15480 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Putting a trash bag over her statue is moronic.

ALL the folks behind this ARE morons. So it is very fitting.

And the SJW's will get their way on this. THAT is the real issue here. When does this idiocy finally stop? When do we all finally stand up and say ENOUGH?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Kate Smith raised $11 Billion dollars (in 2019 dollars) to fight actual Nazis. But muh social justice...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Flyers org took Kate Smith's statue away and threw it down the memory hole this past Saturday night, so this is her legacy come Easter Sunday:

Fucking bastards. I hope the Flyers NEVER WIN ANOTHER GAME EVER AGAIN. EVER.

She was their good luck charm of sorts and they threw her away like a sack of garbage. Mad

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
A group of (former) fans should file a lawsuit forcing them to restore her statue to its rightful place, citing violation of THEIR 1st Amendment rights.

They should form a picket line around all the gates every time there is a home game.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
How has Stephen Foster survived this long?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Foster
AFAIK, he hasn't. I'm pretty sure that no one sings his songs in school any more.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Disband the Yankees He's got a good point.

Posts: 27943 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Seriously, how many actual fans actually give two shits. Philly is a blue collar town. We’re too busy punching police horses in the mouth to care about this non sense.

Must be ALL the black NHL players and fans that they're worried about offending. Roll Eyes

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Bill Meltzer has a good on article on this:

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blo...and-Context/45/99094

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of would be totalitarians running around in America these days. Seriously.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Shameful Frown

Looks like they put her in a Burka

Shouldn't that be white? With eye holes?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Check this out. What has happened to us since then? Frown

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/-BIoN9bWTMo

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15480 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Being a sports fan, or paying money to any particular sports team, is, for me, optional. I don't need to contribute money to people who hate me. My elegant solution.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
At some point in history every professional sport had a ban on non-white athletes. By this logic they should all shut down as well?

Agreed that if you sing a racist song today and you're a current performer, then you will take some backlash.

Judging long dead people, for things done at a different point in human history, when the country/world had different values, is lunacy.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
An historic Episcopal parish where George Washington frequently worshiped has decided to remove a memorial plaque honoring the nation’s first president, saying the decision was out of a desire to provide a “welcoming” worship space for all visitors. The church will also remove a similar memorial plague honoring Robert E. Lee, the commander of Confederate Army of Northern Virginia. Read more at the link if you like, but I don't recommend it.

Frankly, I am so far past disgusted with all this BS regarding who did, or did not, keep slaves, or say a bad word about blacks, yada yada yada that when I see this PC bullshit I actually start to wonder what their end goal might be.

What the hell are they trying to prove, and to whom? Are they just looking for some sort of public "approval"?

I have essentially stopped watching TV news, including a lot of Fox News crap. Have not subscribed to the national fish wrappers since about 1968 when we returned from military service in Germany and discovered the unmitigated BS being published here, and it has only gotten a 1000 times worse.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
That video posted by Jim Shugart is how I remember it (and, IMO, the only way it should be done--Kate Smith pwnd it). I cry, unashamed.

(Did you see Ronald Reagan at the end?)

flashguy