SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Barefoot Shoes?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barefoot Shoes? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
... I like minimalist shoes - thin soles and minimal or no drop - but I don't see the point of these foot decorations.
They make the wearer feel special and unique like all the other special and unique people that wear them.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Unsanitary, to say the least

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Unsanitary, to say the least
Yeah, I don't want that I'm my restaurant.

Those ain't shoes, dawg.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
I got called to check a restroom at work yesterday. I get there and have to wait, wait, wait...finally a somali comes out. I go in and there is water everywhere around the toilet and all over the seat. They have been seen to do this -wash thier feet in the TOILET. What in the hell!? I could not tell if he had bottoms on the shoes, but really? Today I went to use a restroom, and a female came out of there and there was water everywhere around the toilet and on the seat again. Do they all do this? Confused We had to change the sign outside the restroom to "All Gender Restroom"

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bean357:
I got called to check a restroom at work yesterday. I get there and have to wait, wait, wait...finally a somali comes out. I go in and there is water everywhere around the toilet and all over the seat. They have been seen to do this -wash thier feet in the TOILET. What in the hell!? I could not tell if he had bottoms on the shoes, but really? Today I went to use a restroom, and a female came out of there and there was water everywhere around the toilet and on the seat again. Do they all do this? Confused We had to change the sign outside the restroom to "All Gender Restroom"

WTH?
quote:

Ahh, now I get it.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
65 bucks for that bullshit?!?!!?

I wish I could find people half that stupid to pay me half that for anything...

ALl I know is that anyone dumb enough to shell out that kind of cash for that is a total rube, and pretty much deserves it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
If my wife had a choice she would only wear sandals. So because of this we migrate south for the winter. Ok that and I hate shoveling snow.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just paint your feet.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Just paint your feet.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTpG37OvjFs

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Oxymoron product of the year

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
I see those as becoming uber popular in San Francisco. Feel the poo squeeze between your toes!

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'll buy and wear a pair of those the day I see Chuck Norris in a pair. I promise!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
They make your feet look good, like a how hospital gown makes your ass look good...

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
I was running an average of seven to nine miles at one go three times a week wearing regular running shoes and with mostly a heel-strike-first gait. Then I developed severe Plantar Faciitis and had to quit running altogether. I substituted swimming and added weight training three times a week. I put on weight. This was two years ago.

So I continued, my weight hovering around 205 (a little under 6 ft). About a month ago, I started substituting one day a week the mile swim with 20 minutes of stationary bike and some running with a forefoot-first gait. I'm up to three miles running now with no pain, so I'm an initial convert to the basic idea of "natural" running, with the added bonus of dropping down to 194 as of yesterday. I did a lot of poking around on the Internet about minimalist shoes and decided that given the terrain on which I hope to run, I need some good material between the my sole and the ground, but I don't need heavily constructed running shoes. So I don't buy into the product mentioned by OP, but am a convert to less rigid running gear.

For everyday and for most clearly-defined trail use, I'm in Keen Newports, which are open enough to let my feet breath, but also have good toe and sole protection. Getting into deep woods and swamps, I have my old Lowa Trekkers from Colorado, but they seem overkill for most of what is around here. I think I'm going to try some Merrill mids.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Those things? Uh, no.

Vibram five-fingers and Injinji socks? Yes.

Similar to barefoot yet hygenically enclosed.

Mine have an added bonus of kevlar to keep the sharp pointies out. Legos, glass, thorns- none have passed through.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Just to add -- for those who scoff, the tangible evidence came a couple of weekends ago on a Cub Scout hike a bit north in Mississippi that included significant hills. I'm 53 (with 11, 9, 5 yro and 8 week old boys), but was far better able to handle the hike (including hauling little ones on the one's shoulders) than a lot of the dads 15 or 20+ years younger than me.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post