SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you have an increasing homelessness population where you live?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have an increasing homelessness population where you live? Login/Join 
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Only the very rich and the homeless get to live beachfront.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not around my area, but don't worry about the homeless, the democrats have a plan to get them all housing, jobs, counseling, a retirement fund and anything else they request!
Don't you have Aunt Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, and a host of other fellow democrats as a representative and Diane Feinstein and Kamala Harris as senators?
With those liberal, progressive genius's in power, you're golden....don't worry, they will take care of everything!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steyn:
Not in my neck of the woods (Alberta). But it’s -30C for several months, so I guess that helps diminishing the numbers.
Calgary and Edmonton both have a homeless problem because of government enablers. IME, the supermajority of homeless were First Nations.

I lived in Calgary 2 years and Stephen Ave was a PITA due to them all 4 seasons. I went to the McD’s 3x and twice the paddy wagon showed up and the third time I wish they would’ve shown up (McD’s closed and it was just me and this ginormous, aggressive panhandler).

Last summer, I had a homeless guy throw 2 cell phones at me while I was in a business trip to Edmonton. Later that day, my boss had a homeless woman jump on his back and scream in his ear.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Steyn:
Not in my neck of the woods (Alberta). But it’s -30C for several months, so I guess that helps diminishing the numbers.
Calgary and Edmonton both have a homeless problem because of government enablers.

Vancouver also has a significant homeless problem.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
geez, you were almost right !

http://www.thegazette.com/subj...k-isnt-done-20171225

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Get out of California, Dave. Get out of there.

Sorry, David. I have to agree with Para.

My employer's HQ is just north of SF. I used to like to go downtown for dinner. No more. If it isn't the creeps, it's the feces they leave all over. Ugh.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Portland Oregon and citys around it, is loaded with homeless. Been increasing a lot in the last 10 years. Same with Seattle. Yet there is help wanted signs all over the city I live in near Portland and not just fast food. Lowe's by me starts at $11.50 and hour and they have had a help wanted signs up for 8 months.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We invented the homeless problem, doubled down, and do whatever possible to attract more. My neighborhood is too far up the hill and the local badges are too unfriendly to put up with that shit but otherwise every day is an obstacle course of passed out beggars and the assorted filth. Why we're trying to house the crazy that get shipped here is beyond me. Send them home. Let ma and pa and their hometowns deal with them instead of rolling out the welcome wagon.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everywhere in liberal Austin here. And increasing.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not where I am.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We used to be free of the homeless (who used to be referred to as bums ) thanks to Yoop weather.
But local enabling idiots have opened a soup kitchen / warming center. Now all the usual fun has started. Including the intersection begging.
Bonus: Handout registry!
Two signs being held by intersection panhandlers:
"I need a tent and sleeping bag".
"I need a jacket and boots".
Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Holy crap. Go to the link and watch the video. Junkies lining the hallway of the BART station every morning during rush hour. Hard to believe that a city would allow this nonsense.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.c...o-civic-center-bart/

Junkies Take Over Corridors Of San Francisco Civic Center BART Station

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) — Shocking video is calling attention to what’s going on in one of the busiest BART stations in the Bay Area: junkies blatantly shooting up out in the open as commuters walk by, others slumped along filthy corridors.

It’s a gauntlet commuters walk through every morning at the Civic Center BART and Muni station.

Regular commuter Shannon Gafford knows people have to see it to believe it. “One morning I said, ‘I got to pull out the camera and show my friends this. They’re not going to believe it,’” he said.

And over the course of a week, Gafford documented his trip to work. His videos show dozens of people slumped along a hallway, open IV drug use, unconscious men and women, and piles of vomit on either side of the hallways.

Some may find the video shocking. Others may find it routine.

“Every day. Every morning. 5:30 to 6 o’clock. You can see there’s dozens of them. Needles everywhere. Crack. Heroin.”

“It’s a real concern for our riders, and we appreciate that,” said BART spokesman Chris Filippi. “But what we have to do is make the most of the resources, the limited resources that we have.”

BART, which has been pledging to address the problem, says it’s recruiting more community service officers, more than 30 new sworn officers and 20 new station cleaners. But will that be enough?

“The situation in our BART stations is simply unacceptable,” said San Francisco Mayor Mark Farrell. “Borders on disastrous.”

This week, Farrell unveiled a $13 million plan to get needles – among other things – off of city streets. But the city’s jurisdiction ends when you head down those BART stairs.

“I don’t care, at the end of the day, if now we have jurisdictional issues,” said Farrell. “As mayor, I want to get something done, and I want to make sure these BART stations are cleaned up.”

While homeless services are offered to those in the city’s BART stations, Farrell says San Francisco police may be needed because BART admits it is simply overwhelmed by the crisis that has landed in its hallways.

“We’re in the midst of national homelessness crisis, and we’re also in the middle of a drug crisis,” said Filippi. “Unfortunately, as a transit agency, we have limited resources and we’re not really equipped to deal with these social issues.”
No, it's not a national issue, it's a local issue brought about by asinine policies. That shit is not allowed in civilized areas.

So for now, the status quo is a daily commute through a human crisis that shows no end.

“You feel bad for these people in a way. I mean, because you are human, you see them,” said Gafford. “This isn’t going anywhere. It’s getting worse.”

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Austin, TX has gotten pretty bad; there are homeless on every corner and living under every underpass. When I am on my motorcycle, I have to hold my breath when going under an overpass as the smell is horrible. San Francisco is the worste I have personally seen; it is out of control in downtown S.F.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
A few homeless.
Many, many vagrants and hobos. They migrate here and ply their chosen trades of panhandling, drug dealing, and thievery. Offer them a job or even a place to live and they have no interest. It would interfere with their lifestyle.
Human raccoons, indeed.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Austin, TX has gotten pretty bad; there are homeless on every corner and living under every underpass. When I am on my motorcycle, I have to hold my breath when going under an overpass as the smell is horrible. San Francisco is the worste I have personally seen; it is out of control in downtown S.F.

And to think back to the 60's and 70's while on a motorcycle and the police would kick us out from under an overpass while waiting out a rainstorm.......

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
https://www.clickondetroit.com...-full-time-job-offer

Livingston County has a support system in effect but also it doesn't play games with the homeless either. They usually are not on corners for long around here.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
YES!

They live in run down RV's and park all over Pacifica. Like blight!

We have narrow streets, but they don't care and block the roads.

Police are ordered to stand down by the liberal city council, so when we turn them in to the police, we get "advised" not to complain. I complain at 3x the intensity at that point.

Park your own RV or boat in front of your property and hell itself rains down upon you, but the homeless get a pass.

Good to know the city council represents the bums and not the tax payers.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Get out of California, Dave. Get out of there.

Sorry, David. I have to agree with Para.

My employer's HQ is just north of SF. I used to like to go downtown for dinner. No more. If it isn't the creeps, it's the feces they leave all over. Ugh.

I would love to leave this assbackward ran state, if it wasn't for my business and family.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
The population that was here has now been pushed into the surrounding cities.

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/fe...-santa-ana-riverbed/

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6009 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

And to think back to the 60's and 70's while on a motorcycle and the police would kick us out from under an overpass while waiting out a rainstorm.......

Right! Austin has panhandling laws and laws against camping in places the homeless do, but liberal ass Austin doesn’t enforce anything.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post