SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Convicted Felon/Anti-Police Leader Chosen To Help Select Next Dallas Police Chief
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Convicted Felon/Anti-Police Leader Chosen To Help Select Next Dallas Police Chief Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Literally allowing the fox to interview the head of security for the henhouse. Ridiculous nonsense.

Convicted Felon/Anti-Police Leader Chosen To Help Select Next Dallas Police Chief

Dallas, TX – Controversy is growing over the Dallas City Manager’s selection of Dominique Alexander to be part of a panel to interview the seven finalists for the next Dallas Police Chief. Alexander is the leader of an anti-police organization and a convicted felon.

James Parnell, secretary-treasurer of the Dallas Police Association, said that City Manager T.C. Broadnax was new, and “…may not have been aware of some of the difficulties we’ve had in the past and his rhetoric.” He said, “We are not too happy about this.”

Alexander is one of 56 people chosen by Broadnax to serve on the panel, which will give him feedback on their interviews with the finalists. Those chosen were described as from different neighborhood groups and ‘police-affiliated’ organizations.

Alexander is president and founder of the Next Generation Action Network, which describes itself as a non-profit “…whose mission is to lobby for social change and equality for all…” The group’s web site describes their definition of racism as “…a system of oppression, one that creates a society of first- and second-class citizens by denying rights and access to resources to non-white people. Racism is a system of power created by and maintained through public policy.”

Pictures on NGAN’s web site show Black Lives Matter affiliation, with Alexander in the middle of one photo.

NGAN also planned a protest march on July 7, 2016 in downtown Dallas. Five Dallas police officers were assassinated after the march by Micah Johnson. The group has organized marches for various topics but focuses on claims of “police brutality toward unarmed minorities”. It has pushed for vision of reform within the Dallas Police Department for months, according to NBC DFW.

Dominique Alexander is no stranger to the law, having been arrested for serious bodily injury to a child in 2009. In that incident, his girlfriend rushed home after an urgent phone call from him to find her two-year-old son unresponsive.

Alexander lied to the police in his first version about what happened, and said that the child fell off the couch onto the floor. When doctors said that the child’s injuries were inconsistent with his version, he admitted that he had lied and that he had shaken the child.

While in the ICU, that child was found to have “a subdural hemorrhage between the halves of his brain and at the back of the brain”, as well as “retinal hemorrhages in both eyes,” according to The Dallas Observer. Not long after that incident, Alexander was arrested for forging a check, leading police on a high-speed chase, stealing a car, and falsely claiming that a car was stolen.

In August, 2016, Alexander was found guilty of multiple probation violations, and was sentenced to two years in prison. One of those violations included his leaving the state twice without telling his probation officer. He received credit for time served, and got out early on the probation violation conviction.

He also participated in the November, 2014 riots in Ferguson, Missouri, after the officer-involved shooting death of Michael Brown. That shooting was ruled justifiable, and the officer was cleared. He participated in a downtown march protesting the officer-involved shooting and death of Alton Sterling. That shooting was also found to be justifiable and the officer was completely cleared.

George Aranda, president of the National Latino Law Enforcement Organization in Dallas, also was unhappy about Dominique Alexander’s selection for the panel. He said, “I think it’s out of bounds. It’s out of order and our association is not supporting it.”

In response, Alexander said that he is not against the police, but that he is “…about the policies and laws that allow rogue officers to get away with murder.” It seems that, in the eyes of Black Lives Matter and Alexander, any time a police officer is forced to defend their life, they’re “getting away with murder.”

Broadnax defended his decision and said “Police officers are charged with protecting everyone, so panelists should reflect the perspectives of a broad spectrum of our city…”

Arnanda and Parnell both agreed that they would have liked to have talked with Broadnax before he selected Dominique Alexander.

Notice how the local news doesn't cover the felon's past, they make it sound like the police are just upset because of things this scumbag has said in the past:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/0...ice-chief-finalists/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of all the citizens they chose to do an interview, why a felon?

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Well that's disappointing.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The Democrat mayor lives in Preston Hollow, and I highly doubt there are any significant minority members living there.

He sits in his house in a lily white neighborhood like all good liberals and lets Dallas go to hell in a hand basket.
He simply doesn't feel the need to do what is right.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Time for the citizens of Dallas to put as much pressure as possible on the city manager and have this POS unselected. The mere fact he would have a felon on a police chief selection panel is beyond absurd. What the fuck is he even thinking.

City Manager T.C.​ Broadnax​
T.C. Broadnax began serving as Dallas City Manager on February 1, 2017. Prior to that, he served as City Manager of Tacoma, Washington since 2012, and has more than 23 years of local government management experience.

http://dallascityhall.com/gove...r/Pages/default.aspx

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tennessee had their guy in the 1970s. Here is a clip of the movie they made about him.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
Pretty much the same nonsense in any large city across the country.

Infect and spread, is the MO.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if I read the article correctly there are 56 people on the panel.

His influence will be minimal.

----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, I don't live IN Dallas. From the look of this it was a political stunt to appease the minoritiy groups. The problem with it is the silly-a$$ city manager and the mayor will probably screw it up. Only the city manager has the final say in who's hired. The police department is screwed regardless with their pension plan hosed up by bad investments and corrupt dealings. Add to that the complications of being on any large city PD with raging liberalism running amok everywhere. My guess is Dallas could covert to the Wild West in just a very short time unless those clowns running it get booted real soon.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
My guess is Dallas could covert to the Wild West in just a very short time unless those clowns running it get booted real soon.
Well, open carry is now legal in Texas....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

----------------------------------------

Unless they all want to be seen as diverse, tolerant, promoting social justice. . . .

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmorris:
Pretty much the same nonsense in any large city across the country.

Infect and spread, is the MO.

I think you have a point there.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
This guy nearly beat a 2 year old to death... the ONLY place he should be is in prison.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
This guy nearly beat a 2 year old to death... the ONLY place he should be is in prison a coffin.

FIFY

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Alexander is president and founder of the Next Generation Action Network, which describes itself as a non-profit “…whose mission is to lobby for social change and equality for all…” The group’s web site describes their definition of racism as “…a system of oppression, one that creates a society of first- and second-class citizens by denying rights and access to resources to non-white people. Racism is a system of power created by and maintained through public policy.”

Gosh, golly gee, I wonder who is funding this "organization"?

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it demeans a person to call them a "felon". That is discrimination.

He is an `adherent to alternative moralities'.

And he did not "spend time in prison". He was the "recipient of an all-expense paid government sponsored sabbatical."

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
I think it demeans a person to call them a "felon". That is discrimination.

He is an `adherent to alternative moralities'.

And he did not "spend time in prison". He was the "recipient of an all-expense paid government sponsored sabbatical."

I am sure that is how many of those in CA would see it. Roll Eyes

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

56 people? Oh boy, this will be fun. Someone once told me that a camel was a horse designed by a committee. In this case, they will be hiring Sharpton or one of the BLM terrorists to be the new Chief.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
"56 people chosen by Broadnax to serve on the panel, which will give him feedback on their interviews with the finalists."

Getting feedback from 56 people about their interviews, and they're worried about one guy's feedback? Seriously?

It looks like more of a ploy by the City Manager to include this guy on the panel so they can somewhat mitigate the chances of groups like BLM protesting the selection.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post