SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    24 year old Iowan raises $1 million for charity and is shamed by the Des Moines Register
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

24 year old Iowan raises $1 million for charity and is shamed by the Des Moines Register Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cry me a river, hypocrite.

Look at it this way, son- everytime one door closes, another door opens. In your case, that open door just happens to lead to the parking lot.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Hey guys, we were all wrong. Aaron Calvin is the victim here...

Ahhhh... hahahahahahahahaha.....

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Nice to see Aaron couldn't stand up to the light he shined on other people. I bet he likes the taste of that shit sandwich. Asshole.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...BqBOD56sNUnmwwGipSvU

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
https://www.weareiowa.com/news...wio56xyGusQPMP31kyNI

CLIVE — In a last minute push to help raise funds for Carson King’s Venmo fundraiser for the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital, popular Iowa musicians have organized a concert with all benefits going to the fundraiser.

The benefit concert will take place at Horizon Events Center from 4 pm to 10 pm on Monday, September 30.

The celebration resulted out of a collaboration between Chris Ranallo, Royce Johns, Carson King, Cody Hicks, Horizon Events Center, and organizers of the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival.

“Carson King’s willingness to transform his 30 seconds of fame into a viral fundraising campaign for kids inspired us to get Iowa’s music community involved for a final push…and, well, it’s going to be one hell of a show!,” said Chris Ranallo.

Here’s a rundown of the event:

4:00 pm Doors open

4:45 pm – 5:15 pm The Sheet

5:30 pm – 6:00 pm B2Wins

6:15 pm – 6:45 pm Royce Johns

7:00 pm – 7:30 pm Decoy

8:00 pm – 8:45 pm Pie In The Sky

9:15 pm – 10:00 pm Cody Hicks

Tickets for the event will be available via Eventbrite at 5 pm Friday.

Governor Kim Reynolds will be making a special guest appearance at the event as well.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Nice to see Aaron couldn't stand up to the light he shined on other people. I bet he likes the taste of that shit sandwich. Asshole.

Personal insight is important for adults to have.
Trapped inside his liberal bubble, he seems unable to learn from his mistakes.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Dickhead “journalist” now afraid to go outside. Big Grin

https://pluralist.com/aaron-ca...ght-wing-ideologues/

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
As expected...right outta the Demotard playbook, my boy; It's ALWAYS someone else's fault, right Carson? No personal accountability or responsibility whatsoever, eh? Not even PROFESSIONAL responsibility. Just irks my last nerve! Reap it, bitch!! Oh...he'll get sympathy from his shitforbrains friends, but at the end of the day, this moron is just another bloviating, pathetic loser who still has MASSIVE mommy and daddy issues. "Scared" to go outside? GOOD! I hope you waste away into a puddle of gelatinous goo in mommy and daddy's basement. Your 15 minutes is ticking away fast, idiot.
[/rant]

I'd have waaaaay more respect and empathy for this chub if he'd just say outright, "Yeah...I kinda screwed up and was just trying to sensationalize my story". Bag of dicks, bro...bag o' dicks.

Here's the story headline [emphasis added]:
quote:
Reporter in Carson King Scandal Blames ‘Right-Wing’ for His Firing – Is Scared to Go Outside
"Right Wing", huh? I'll bet you, Carson, there were more Liberals in that group than you think. "We The People" can be a powerful foe sometimes. Funny how that works in a free society, eh?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reporter’s tweets gave the paper wiggle-weasel room to act like action was taken, without addressing the root cause (and without actually apologizing) or dealing with their editors who approved of the shi*tshow. He has a point, but since he was perfectly happy with the production until his personal hypocrisy was highlighted; he is not the victim, much less a sympathetic character.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Dickhead “journalist” now afraid to go outside. Big Grin

https://pluralist.com/aaron-ca...ght-wing-ideologues/

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Don't you just love how Karma is always lurking in the background and pounces just at the right moment? Big Grin

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
last nights local news channels reporting that,
the current total is at 2.95 million dollars.

god forbid they break it down as to who donated what amount Roll Eyes

local news SUCKS!

https://www.desmoinesregister....&utm_term=3081059002

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carson King announced that they hit the $3 million mark, thanks to $41,000 in donations from Iowa Busch Lite distributors!! So Annhueser Busch cut ties with Carson, but their distributors kick in big time. Nice slap in the face to AB.

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, hell, would you want to be associated with that sort of cheesedickery in a state like Iowa, where people pride themselves on decency and common sense?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More fallout for the Des Moines Register.

The long time Director and entire staff of RAGBRAI resigned today over the Registers handling of the Carson King story. For those non bicycle riders, RAGBRAI stands for "Registers Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa." It is a week long ride from the Missouri river to the Mississippi river. It was started by the DM Register many decades ago and has gotten so big that registration has been limited to 10,000 people for many years now. People from all over the US and the world attend. It is a huge production and takes a lot of planning.

Sounds like the staff was "muzzled" so they all quit and are starting their own ride. This is such a huge event in Iowa. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. May well be the end of RAGBRAI for the Des Moines Register.

RAGBRAI planners resign over handling of carson King

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ranger312,

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
'Page Not Found'

Put an "l" at the end of your URL

And, good. I'll have to email them to taunt them again.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:

...May well be the end of RAGBRAI for the Des Moines Register....

I wish it was the end of the Des Moines Register.

RAGBRAI is indeed a huge deal, it's ended here three or four times in recent years after major planning for traffic control.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Link fixed. Thanks

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, whether or not they feel righteous about all of this, do you think they've figured out by now that they fucked up?

If they could go back and change this so that it never happened, do you think they would? I think so, and that means that they know that they fucked up.

And if they wouldn't change this, then they're even stupider than they appear.

posted Hide Post
SO, when is Register editor Carol Hunter going to resign? You did the right thing to dismiss reporter Calvin King.

Now, when will you remove yourself from the discussion by stepping away? You've come out with a overly worded, not very good apology, mincing words instead of standing-up, and saying 'we fucked-up'. So, now that it's been nearly a month, and things haven't changed. You cultivated the environment that encouraged your writer to muckrake a good citizen and exploit their good intention, for the sake of social division, political points and virtue signaling. Time for you to remove yourself Hunter. Do the right thing, you fucked up.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post