SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    24 year old Iowan raises $1 million for charity and is shamed by the Des Moines Register
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

24 year old Iowan raises $1 million for charity and is shamed by the Des Moines Register Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Somebody who wants to run for public office it will be found he or she touched themselves when in their cribs and will be called a sex pervert by the msm. Wait for it it will happen.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

The Des Moines Register has a contact form on their website, gentlemen, and it does not require email verification. There's your bit of useful trivia for the day. They're fairly begging for an artillery barrage, and they should damn well get it

Wheee, I will bet after today they do... Big Grin

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I would like them to explain how what he said when he was 15 or 16 is relevant to anything?

We know, as a matter of science, that 16 year old brains aren't at all fully formed. We all change a lot by the age of 20 or 21.

It really is irrational.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Because like 99% of the media today, they'll do anything for a headline. (Or a click. Or a tune-in.)

"Viral charity donor revealed to be secret racist!"

Barely one step removed from the National Enquirer's "Woman's love-child with Elvis' ghost stolen by aliens!"

News stories today are chosen for their click-bait shock value.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
None are pure enough to escape the whipping post of PC.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Wish I had a subscription so I could cancel it. As an object lesson, though, it shows how one's social media past can bite one in the a$$.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson called out the Paper as well as the "cancel culture" which is basically bullies who love to hate, I'd venture that half the haters are just people that jump in just to be a part of the beatings.

Tucker Carlson Cancel Culture

One interesting thing about AB-Inbev, while they disassociated themselves from King, they are major sponsors of Comedy Central, the show that created the two incidents King tweeted.

Posts: 23440 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Hope this reported twat gets crucified as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Oh my gosh, the kid commented on a Tosh.0 skit when he was a sophomore in highschool. Cancel him!!!!! Forget he donated enough money to retire in Iowa likely to a children's hospital, that doesn't matter at all he said the N-word as a child so he mush be shamed out of existence and banned from ever working. I hate these fucktards (guess I'm canceled, I used a naughty word).

Poetic Justice....

Reporter Aaron Calvin gets his own "routine background check"

Big Grin

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
link to story

**personal note** I think it is cool he is getting his own beer named and will raise even more money. Eat it PC.

Iowa to celebrate 'Carson King Day' after beer fan
raises over $1M for children's charity

By Nicole Darrah
Published September 26, 2019
Fox News
Carson King, the man who raised over $1 million for children's charity after asking for beer money on
television and was later called out for old tweets, is still getting a day and a beer named after him in his home state of Iowa.
King, 24, made headlines earlier this month when he went on a taping of ESPN's "College Gameday" at Iowa State University asking people to send him money for beer. His sign read, “Busch Light supply needs replenished" and included information on how to send him money through Venmo, the popular money transfer app.
King ended up receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars he decided to donate to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital. Soon after, Busch Light decided to match the donation — and said they would send King a year's supply of beer with his face on the can.
But after King's good deed was picked up by media outlets, a reporter at the Des Moines Register working on a profile of King discovered two racist jokes he had posted in 2012, when he was 16 years old, reportedly based on something from Comedy Central's "Tosh.0," "comparing black mothers to gorillas and another making light of black people killed in the Holocaust."
King went out of his way to express remorse and Busch Light cut ties with him.
On Wednesday, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds announced that Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019, was "Carson King Day" in the midwestern state.
Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019, is "Carson King Day" in Iowa. (Office of the Governor of Iowa)
“Individuals like Carson King demonstrate how ‘Iowa Nice’ isn’t just a slogan, but our way of life,” the
proclamation states. "Carson King can showcase who we are as a people, not only by selflessly donating to a worthy cause, but spreading the message of generosity."
King said he's now trying to raise $2 million for the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital.
Additionally, Iowa's Geneseo Brewing Company said they were "appalled" by the Des Moines Register and Anheuser Busch's actions, saying that people grow and change.
"We have witnessed your growth through your later social media content and accept your apologies," the brewing company stated. "We believe that your selfless act to raise funds for the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital is a truly noble act."
The company subsequently said they named a new Pilsner beer called "Iowa Legend" after him, and planned to donate $1 "from every pint and 16-ounce can sold to your cause until the batch is sold out."
Nicole Darrah covers breaking and trending news for FoxNews.com. Follow her on Twitter at @nicoledarrah.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
One interesting thing about AB-Inbev, while they disassociated themselves from King, they are major sponsors of Comedy Central, the show that created the two incidents King tweeted.

I would hope these companies realize the absurdity of their actions. PC is the game nobody wins.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Where can buy a case of "Iowa Legend" Pilsner?
Bet it's a damn sight better than Busch Light dishwater.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
A white kid from Iowa may have used a racial slur at some point in time?! OH NOOOO!

I hope the entire paper goes under. Digging dirt on people giving to children's hospitals is just about the best way to get yourself cancelled.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Where can buy a case of "Iowa Legend" Pilsner?
Bet it's a damn sight better than Busch Light dishwater.

I love pilsners, I'd buy a six pack.

Just checked their Facebook page, lots of people asking if they'll ship. Zero negotiate responses.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

I would hope these companies realize the absurdity of their actions. PC is the game nobody wins.

While emailing and pounding the Newspaper feels good and more than likely they won't apologize, why not go at AB-Inbev over their dropping the man, give them the bad publicity they so longed to avoid (and I get why in this culture) and pressure them to drop all advertising on Comedy Central Channel...

Posts: 23440 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
let's count all the people at The D m register who has raised more than $5,000.00 for any damn thing, except their own damn crack habit

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Oh my gosh, the kid commented on a Tosh.0 skit when he was a sophomore in highschool. Cancel him!!!!! Forget he donated enough money to retire in Iowa likely to a children's hospital, that doesn't matter at all he said the N-word as a child so he mush be shamed out of existence and banned from ever working. I hate these fucktards (guess I'm canceled, I used a naughty word).

Poetic Justice....

Reporter Aaron Calvin gets his own "routine background check"

Big Grin
I often wonder how who acuse others could stand for a frisking of their past?

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
It bring me great joy to see a smug elitist liberal newspaper doing a death helix into the alligator farm pond.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That loser “journalist” has caused quite a lot of pain for himself and his employer. I see this hurting that paper which is thankfully part of a dying breed anyway. Hopefully the Des Moines Register will go tits up. If their subscription is dropping like their social media following they are 100% fuct.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing local businesses who will donate half of the proceeds from sales of special drinks to this cause. Also, I've so far seen three different people who have designed and are selling King t-shirts and are donating all of the money.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
So a 16 year old kid says something stupid.

And they needed "investigative reporting" to uncover this bit of previously unknown data?

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post