SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chris Cornell dead at 52
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris Cornell dead at 52 Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
This is really sad. Probably the most talented guy from the grunge era still making great music. They are almost all dead... Kurt Cobain, Lane Staley, Scott Weiland. It's seems like all the lead singers from grunge bands are dying. Eddie Vedder is the last man standing.

http://abc7.com/entertainment/...52-rep-says/2006846/

Rocker Chris Cornell dies at 52, rep says

Chris Cornell arrives at the U.S. premiere of "The Promise" at the TCL Chinese Theatre on Wednesday, April 12, 2017, in Los Angeles. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)AP
DETROIT - According to his representative, rocker Chris Cornell, who gained fame as the lead singer of Soundgarden and later Audioslave, has died at age 52.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Brian Bumbery says Cornell died Wednesday night in Detroit.

Bumbery called the death "sudden and unexpected" and said his wife and family were shocked by it. The statement said the family would be working closely with the medical examiner to determine the cause and asked for privacy.
(Copyright ©2017 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sucks. What an amazing singer. Loved Soundgarden growing up, and saw him with Audioslave about 12 years ago. RIP Chris.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Just heard, that really sucks.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrible, suspected suicide.

We had already purchased Bush tickets for last night when the Soundgarden show was announced and were SUPER disappointed they were coming the same day. Stubhub prices immediately skyrocketed for the sold out show so we stuck to the original plan, even more disappointed now!

Bush was incredible though, they are great live.

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That mans voice was amazing, a sad day...RIP Chris.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Damn. Just damn.

The man could really sing:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12327 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crazy. Great singer.

Scary part was he is about my age. My wife reminded me though - he has done way more mind altering drugs than I have.

RIP.

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks. I really liked his work. Superunknown was one of my favorite albums.

Why have all the 90's grunge bands all had deaths/OD/suicides?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Well that sucks. I really liked his work. Superunknown was one of my favorite albums.

Why have all the 90's grunge bands all had deaths/OD/suicides?

A part of the Seattle sound?
Heroin was heavily in use in the day.
I thought Cornell was beyond that now, but maybe depression is intertwined in that influence.
He was 1 year younger than me.

Guess the demons were too much...

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
"Pearls and swine, bereft of me
Long and weary, my road has been
I was lost in the city, alone in the hills
No sorrow or pity for leaving I feel"

RIP, Chris.

Posts: 10748 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you haven't listened to his cover of billy jean you should check it out

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Damn. He sure was an amazing singer. Frown

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
One of the best rock vocalists and songwriters of our time. Was definitely a big part of my youth Frown

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
No real words. I am a big fan and this is awful news. Frown

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tickets to see SG on Saturday. Dammit.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Hated to read of his death this morning. Great singer

ETA: apparent suicide. What a shame

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Goddammit!

Is it still 2016? Mad

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frown
RIP. Soundgarden got me through some tough times. what a bummer.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw him 10 years right after he left Audioslave and how he could sing with such intensity for almost 3 hours still amazes me.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post